What kind of rigging for a candy drop?
<< < (2/3) > >>
Ca Ike:
There is a simpler way to make a rig I learned from Jim Strealy.  YOu just take a box with a lid, tape one side of the lid for a hinge, use velcro to hold the lid closed and tie your release line to the velcro.  Cut out the bottom so you can fill it and use a 4 point harness with a line at each corner about 24 inches long mating to a hook for the tether line to the kite.  Cheap and easy to make.

You can also us a small duffle bag that has a cinch close top or a purse with a snap close flap.
mikenchico:
Simpler yes, but requires bringing the kite down. My description comes from "Parafauna" where you'll be making multiple drops.

I've tied a release line through the bottom of the bag the candy came in and tied the bag on the kite line, then just ripped the bottom of the bag off. Heck it was all I had available when Jim didn't show up and the organizer pressed me to do the candy drop.

Ca Ike:
Hanging a small pulley from the tow point and another from the candy holder will let you lower and raise the rig without taking the kite down by letting  you run it along the line.
tcope:
Do you want a static rig or one that uses a sail to travel up the kite line, release candy and then slide back down?
white wing lover:
Quote from: tcope on January 14, 2013, 07:36 PM

Do you want a static rig or one that uses a sail to travel up the kite line, release candy and then slide back down?

Going to do a single drop but a sail traveling up line sounds interesting, how is that done?
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page