Finding Magic in Kite Flying

Pages: (1/4) > >>

Wayner:

Last night Friday Night fly looked like a disaster but turned in to a magical experience.

A ground keeper came by saying there was a major soccer tournement this weekend and did not want us damaging the grass.  ???
When we didn't leave he turned off thel lights for the entire complex :-[

The PDSUL was already assembled, but it was so dark I needed a flashlight to attach some line. The kite is a rasberry color and was only a shadow in the air. But with no lights the stars were out. I had the most memorable experience of flying mostly by feel while tracking the kites outline dancing through the star covered sky.  :)

thief:

i remember flying in the dark at Wildwood.....my light system blinked out and i had to fly the same way....by feel...it was outstanding especially since we were on the beach I was not worried about hitting anything except the sand.....
Aoxomoxoa at the highest.......

rudyy:

How do you guys do the night flying?  Do you put some LED's along the sailedge with a lipo pack at the spine?

thief:

Wee bit olderschool than that....somewhere I have a Fly by Night system.....
5 LEDs with plastic clips on each leading edge....then a 9volt battery velcroed to the spine.....
I think that the wire in the system was standard lamp cord......

I also have aother system where the LEDs are embedded into flexible printed circuit boards and is powered by AAA batteries....

Wayner:

Quote from: rudyy on January 19, 2013, 12:50 PM
--
How do you guys do the night flying?  Do you put some LED's along the sailedge with a lipo pack at the spine?

--

Rudy,
You can fly with lights, but these are storys of what happens when you don't have light and decide to fly anyway. Rob & I each had the great unexpected joy of flying a kite at night by feel. A unique and memorable experience.

Hope one day it happens to you and you can share in the Aoxomoxoa.......  8)

Pages: (1/4) > >>