GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 09:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Had to Post  (Read 654 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: January 19, 2013, 11:37 PM »

Had to let the dog out ..it's about 2:30 a.m. Michigan time.   Been windy past week and no flying.  Wind right now 53mph... Everything is blowing outside... Just checked wind meter on line... Crazy guess my new Ul stays in the bag... and no toy helicopter flying either...Vertigo out !!!!  The Temp. is 46 degree's F ...  They say in the next 12 hrs temp will drop to 20 degree's  .... I need to fly ,,, Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:42 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
rwbford
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 01:03 AM »

Was so hard not to take my micron out at 2am... I havent flown since october due to a torn ligament in my ankle. Cast came off a few weeks ago and phys therapy has me confident enough to wander around a field again.

Only thing stopping me was i think all the crazy micron buzzing would get the fire department called, because someone thought a power line was down.  Cheesy
trigger

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 05:00 AM »

I got out to fly yesterday after work when it was 45 degrees and 15 mph. The jazz got to fly a bit and in the lower wind the zephyr flew.  the winds were very stormy and irregular.  We went to mishawaka last night and the street lights were horizontal!!!  this morning 15 degrees with lake effect snow warnings.

First rule of KiteClub:
  no flying when the Wind speed is higher than the Temperature!

example:  46degrees/50mph wind= no flying
                8degrees/10mph wind= no flying
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 06:03 AM »

Where's your sense of adventure? This is when you get the power kites out! Extra layers for warmth mean extra padding for dragging.
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 11:22 AM »

8degrees/10mph wind= no flying

Wimpy, Wimpy, Wimpy...  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

That's what winter clothing is for...

Mea Culpa, I take it all back, I take it all back...
Walked out on the lake to look for a lens hood I lost yesterday and, thought H%$* no I wouldn't be out here flying today... 7 degrees with 15 mph wind. The ice sure was nice lookin' though... layers and layers of cracks and bubbles from the recent rain, thaw, freeze cycles.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:11 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
trigger

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 03:58 PM »

If you want to meet at the beach I will be happy to fly with you!

14 degrees today and the wind looked perfect. unfortunately I had to work, rebuild moms snowblower and now i have to do a water pump on a buddies truck... 

my moms lake looks like it is finally freezing over... I CANT WAIT TO FLY OUT THERE!!!!  Then Todd, you can bring your power kites and your buggy out this way!  8 miles around the lake with an island in the middle...  we may need to try that out!!!!  Grin Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document