GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 05:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which kites "give away" tricks...  (Read 5435 times)
rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 05:54 PM »

kepople,

It is hard to describe using words.  I think I just totally click on with this kite and connect to it.  Everything comes so easy.  I can tell you I can almost close my eyes to do the comete by just listening to it slashing into the air while tumbling. Today, I fly my Fearless SUL at almost no wind,  it does the 540s so slow and gracefully without much effort, and I put it into MLZs all the way from the top to the bottom and then regain tension, again without much effort.  Flapjack?!, I do not know how many times I have done today.   Cheesy

Rudy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:02 PM by rudyy » Logged
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 06:05 PM »

Nice photo btw!
Which is the sul?
rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 06:15 PM »

Nice photo btw!
Which is the sul?

White - VL
Purple - SUL
Pumpkin - UL
Blue - L
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 06:42 PM »

Did I miss the pictures?

6 kite tom
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 11:26 PM »

I'm liking this thread so much that I have to put my two cents in. I have a limited exposure to the kites I have flown but the kite that gives away tricks the most in my hands is the Seven. In my hands it just wants to fade, roll up, and backspins are limitless.  I could go on but we are trying to narrow down what what specific kites excel in. If I had to chose one thing for the Seven I would have to say any pitch related trick.

Best looking (paneled) - R-Sky Krystal. 

Tpatter, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess... to me the looks of the Seven are not equaled by any kite that I have seen in the market, the Seven is a chameleon in the sky and changes its colors/shades constanly depending on the conditions. We're in the same neck of the woods, maybe we could get together for a fly.?

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 11:30 PM »

We're in the same neck of the woods, maybe we could get together for a fly.?

Love to!  Do you fly at Chambers?

6 kite tom
kepople

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 06:50 AM »

jealous...you guys have all the fun up there...

Take good care of your Seven btw.They may become scarce. I am curious about the MX Comp coming out.
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45 AM »

Did I miss the pictures?

yes
Charles P

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 10:47 AM »

Love to!  Do you fly at Chambers?

Yes sir I do. As much as possible in fact. I will be there today and tomorrow though the wids are not suppose to be that great Sunday. I am at Chambers almost every weekend. I could even head up North if you prefer.

In the bag,

Charles P

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 10:58 AM »

Take good care of your Seven btw.They may become scarce. I am curious about the MX Comp coming out.

Huh!!???   Huh     What do you mean scarce?  I know Jorgen has put the Seven on hold to come up with a new color combination for that kite. The Seven is my favorite and I still need to aquire the UL. (I have the SUL and STD)
  I've heard good things about the MX Comp and am considering that kite as well though I think I might want to buy the MXS or the MXS Strong if it comes out this year. Bensons Superfly looks pretty good as well.
  Decisions-decisions......   Lips sealed

In the bag,

ghfisanotti

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 04:51 AM »

Sabre II - pretty much everything!

Except for the Taz, maybe...

Last weekend a good friend of mine allowed me to fly his just acquired ADX from the french firm Air-One and I got my first-ever yo-fade, on my first try with that kite, that must qualify as a "give-away" I think!

kepople

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2013, 07:19 AM »

Sounds like it... great report...
So the Saber is not an easy Tazzer?
ghfisanotti

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 11:26 AM »

So the Saber is not an easy Tazzer?

At least not in my case, but again, it surely is a pilot-related problem.

Anyway, I did Taz more easily with the R-Sky Toxic and with the Light Saber.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2013, 12:32 PM »

Huh!!???   Huh     What do you mean scarce?  I know Jorgen has put the Seven on hold to come up with a new color combination for that kite. The Seven is my favorite and I still need to aquire the UL. (I have the SUL and STD)
  I've heard good things about the MX Comp and am considering that kite as well though I think I might want to buy the MXS or the MXS Strong if it comes out this year. Bensons Superfly looks pretty good as well.
  Decisions-decisions......   Lips sealed

Well, now there is the new Seven point 5, and update to the original Seven. I haven't flown a kite that rolls up or flic-flacs better than the Seven. I haven't flown a kite that likes to sit on it's back and do turtle tricks better than the Fearless. If you're looking to learn these types of tricks, those kites are as close to 'give-aways' that I have flown. The Seven and Fearless are both capable of so much more, but that's what they absolutely give away, first 5 minutes out of the bag...

zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 01:57 PM »

After trying to learn taz it was suggested not to try it on a certain kite until I can do it on others.

So I am curious which kites are great for learning specific tricks?
Are you looking to simply tick a trick off your "I've done this" list or do you want to add something to your repertoire ? If the latter, I'd recommend you find a well rounded kite that allows you to do a little more than just that one elusive line twiddle.

K2000:  Transformer SSUL
Ummm.... really ?  Huh You might want to carry some spare spars for that.

In the spirit of sharing, I found Comète revealed itself to me with the Fury, if I hadn't got a flight to catch and things to do I suspect I could still have my Matrix in a Fade but I think I've added more worthwhile flying to my skill set with my from-my-cold-dead-fingers Androgyn. I'm not at all sure this is especially transferrable knowledge though. YMMV.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change