GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 11:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which kites "give away" tricks...  (Read 4225 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2013, 02:34 PM »

Quote from: kepople on February 05, 2013, 02:47 PM
After trying to learn taz it was suggested not to try it on a certain kite until I can do it on others.

So I am curious which kites are great for learning specific tricks?
Are you looking to simply tick a trick off your "I've done this" list or do you want to add something to your repertoire ? If the latter, I'd recommend you find a well rounded kite that allows you to do a little more than just that one elusive line twiddle.

I agree with this 100 % I have gotten way more from flying kites like the WidowMaker and SeaDevil than any other kites that I have. They do just about everything pretty well.

kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2013, 05:52 PM »

Cool I get to contribute to my own thread.

Tek devil just hands you rolling Susan's...

I have been trying this trick off and on for a while, first trick I attempted in really bad winds with this kite, and it was automatic and nearly perfect 3 times in a row.
Tried it with black pearl and it did not go so well, but the wind had picked up a lot. Had to put the tek devil away as Ina few moments I was holding on for dear life.
JayDee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2013, 09:08 PM »

From a while ago, I remember a few comparatively basic moves that I had tried for a while, and then a kite just gave them to me:

- Cascade: Talon Std
- Long, stable fade: Widow Maker UL
- Double-axel: Talon Vented, Widow Maker Std
- Sleeping Beauty: Widow and Widow Maker Std + UL
- 540: E2

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2013, 10:54 PM »

It has been said.... but in my opinion, if you want a kite the comes with all the trick included...
it volunteers them...

Sea Devil
CV

Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 12:10 PM »

Fade: le Quartz
CrazyCopter: Magnet and Dynamite
Yofade: l'Organic
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 01:23 PM »

Krijn +1

also

Taz - 15 and for me the talon. Not the seven
Wap do wap - seven and talon std
Cynique - Talon sul, diablis (4) and hopefully the superfly !
Yo yo - seven , solus, vendetta
Fade - Gemini - The original fadester !
JL - seven the JL trainer

Cool

Cynique - I can confirm that the superfly cyniques very well. I'd give it a 4. I would give the invictus ul a 5 for this trick though !

Yo-fade - Diablis gets a 5.
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 01:34 PM »

To do beautiful tricks, you need good kites and a sets of Magic hands. also depending on the person too, like : quick respond, creative mind, Tall and long arms is much easier for dong the tricks. other then that you will take a long time to learn some of the tricks and might not get it. Video is good to watch but your body is not available for those trick so please don't even try, wating a lot of time try to learn some thing that not going to work for you.

Good day !
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2013, 08:26 PM »

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree on that. There's always more then one way to skin a cat, and I'd be willing to say that there's a specific kite out there for each and every flyer. I wouldn't discourage flyers like that, Lam, anyone can learn how to trick a kite in time, with patience and having an open mind to take advise from any little area. Nobodys going to trick a kite the exact same way with the exact same inputs. I really do think anyone can do it, it's just a matter of learning where a kite needs to be before somethings excited, and figuring out, in time, what works for you AND the kite. There's never just ONE way.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
RobB

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2013, 09:09 PM »

Hmmm... Devin, I appreciate your optimism... but you're one of those guys with 'magic hands'    Grin

I also took some promise from what Lam said about being tall and having long arms... I fit that description.

I didn't take any discouragement from what Lam said, I all ready know that it's going to take me the rest of my life to learn to trick like the two of you. I think he was just saying what works for someone in a video might not work for me... Yeah, I've found that out.

But, the important thing is to have fun along the way, I think. Once the quest to learn tricks looses the fun, it's just work, and what's the point of that ?

Devin, I hope there is a kite for every flyer, and hopefully I'll find mine. In the meantime, I enjoy trying every kite I can get my hands on !  Cool

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2013, 09:14 PM »

But, the important thing is to have fun along the way, I think. Once the quest to learn tricks looses the fun, it's just work, and what's the point of that ?

Devin, I hope there is a kite for every flyer, and hopefully I'll find mine. In the meantime, I enjoy trying every kite I can get my hands on !  Cool

+1. Whats its all about. Most of the time I find myself actually doing a lot of work. You have no idea how long it takes me to figure out tricks that aren't pitch based. took about 3 years for a constant taz. blah. Coming up on 2 years easily for a CC and still barley any luck.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2013, 09:47 PM »

I think the best way to help people from learning tricks is : need tricks school, talk to them on the phone or on the field, explain one step at a time, hopefully the person know how to exlain probably how does the trick work. so they understand then maby people will learn little faster. other then that just have fun do what you can and enjoy the day Smiley

Have a nice day !
RobB

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2013, 09:54 PM »

+1. Whats its all about. Most of the time I find myself actually doing a lot of work. You have no idea how long it takes me to figure out tricks that aren't pitch based. took about 3 years for a constant taz. blah. Coming up on 2 years easily for a CC and still barley any luck.
I figured you for one of those guys that was born with tricks in your hands... it's reassuring to hear that you've got to work at it, too. It took me easily 2 years to get the 540, and I've been working on Slots/Tazs for easily that long. A number of talented fliers, both online and in person have told me that it's all about time on the lines & patience.

ko

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2013, 10:17 PM »

Rob,, your 540's except for Allen's (he cheats though because he uses old school kites) are the best I have ever seen

have fun kurt
RobB

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Rob,, your 540's except for Allen's (he cheats though because he uses old school kites) are the best I have ever seen
Thanks, Kurt. I have the input of many of you to thank for that. Do you remember the 'what am I doing wrong' videos that I posted ? I have to come up with a new series of those, so I can learn some new tricks !

Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2013, 08:55 AM »

I think the best way to help people from learning tricks is : need tricks school, talk to them on the phone or on the field, explain one step at a time, hopefully the person know how to exlain probably how does the trick work. so they understand then maby people will learn little faster. other then that just have fun do what you can and enjoy the day Smiley

Have a nice day !

+1

I quit twice while trying to learn on my own.  Embarrassed .  Its only been with the help of all you other flyers including have  John Chilese has my mentor than I have learned how to trick a kite.

You have no idea how long it takes me to figure out tricks that aren't pitch based. took about 3 years for a constant taz.

Huh  Huh   don't tell me that  Cry

This is my 2nd favorite trick. I'm not even close on getting it.  Sad   
I have focued on getting good at other trick that come easy for me, hoping as my skills got better the Taz whould show up.

With my limited skill set. sound like I will still be practicing on the Taz for a while
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography