GWTW Forum
July 22, 2014, 06:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spectra Sports Nuclear Reactor Restoration Help!  (Read 10449 times)
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2013, 03:48 PM »

I assume the logo is the same on other Reactor kites. I'll shoot it for you this weekend. I have at least one loose sail, maybe ill put glass over the logo to make it nice and flat and include a tape measure?

That would be awesome!

I've got several Spectra Sports kites in the Kite Cave.
I'll do a little spelunking and see if any have a useful logo on them.

Thank you also!

Any luck on these images guys.  I still cant get over there are no images on the darn internet of any quality.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2013, 05:59 PM »

I use to complain that there weren't any good photos of sport kites about 12 years ago.

My lovely wife said, "You've got a camera. Do something about it."

Best I can find on my site:

This photo is 1800x2400 pixels, hope it helps:

https://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej/2006Kites#5431535723728440898

There are about 2 dozen Spectra Sport photos around that one, before and after.  Smiley

If you're not part of the solution........  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:01 PM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Sorry for the delay, I've been sick. I'll get the Reactor logo shot ASAP

Allen, AKA kitehead
Lou

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2013, 07:40 AM »

Sorry for the delay, I've been sick. I'll get the Reactor logo shot ASAP

Thanks Allen,  I'm sorry to hear you haven't been well.  This weather has been a chore on the wellness of many this year. 

Yes there are logos out there but literally none are useable to the screen print company.  They are very particular with image quality and I have even tried to enhance, with Photoshop tools, images I have found online but with no real success.  I wish I had taken images of my kite prior to my disastrous washing of the sail and losing the logo entirely or I would have be all done with the resto project by now and need not bother all of you for this.  Sad
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:42 AM by Spectra Sport 96 » Logged
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2013, 08:57 AM »

I took a couple pics but what exactly does the print co need?  Sounds like tracing the logo will be better so I'll try and get that done today along with the pics.
Lou

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2013, 09:41 AM »

I took a couple pics but what exactly does the print co need?  Sounds like tracing the logo will be better so I'll try and get that done today along with the pics.

Actually a trace would have been best.  They can actually square up lines andwould not need to scale images to fit the sail correctly.  This is primarily why I get frstrated with myself as I had the kite logo intact at one point.  Completely regret the manner in which I cleaned and treated the sail.  I didnt think the mylar laminate would have suffered so much during the washing process.  Lesson learned.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2013, 11:17 AM »

Ok I'll get a trace done and scan it in full size by tomorrow. Make sure you get me your e-mail.
Lou

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2013, 05:01 PM »

Sent email address via PM.  Thanks again!
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2013, 08:12 PM »

This logo is from an Edge series, does it match your Reactor?

It could be photographed flat and scaled as needed.

Anthony
Lou

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2013, 09:33 PM »

Thats the same logo yes.  If you could take a super flat image I'll take it.  I'm ready to just buy another project kite and stencil an image from that and move on.  Thanks for the assist.
whitebirdlover

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Here is a rough draft, I need some time to clean up the edges...

Anthony
Lou

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2013, 06:15 AM »

Here is a rough draft, I need some time to clean up the edges...

That is the best looking logo to date!  Where I had issues is when the screen print company increased the image size to match the original kite sized logo it apparently pixelates and looses quality.  They had explained acquiring the highest resolution image of the original article was the best practice to achieve the highest quality logo.

I still cannot thank you enough for the effort you are putting forth on this logo for me.  Thank you so very much!
whitebirdlover

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2013, 02:44 PM »

The posted logo is only a preview for web, the working file is hi rez and  should scale up nicely. The triangle dimensions will give a good reference for for final sizing. The work gives me something to pass time with, glad you like it...

Anthony
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 10:27 AM »

The posted logo is only a preview for web, the working file is hi rez and  should scale up nicely. The triangle dimensions will give a good reference for for final sizing. The work gives me something to pass time with, glad you like it...
Looks great from here. You using Photoshop? If you do, create some Outlines, then export it as an EPS file. As a precaution, it would probably be good to save it in a few different formats.... even a hi-rez JPG will work. I would also keep it grayscale as opposed to saving it as a black/white image. It'll give them more tweaking options.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
whitebirdlover

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2013, 12:21 PM »

Nancy, I only have a very early (2001) version of PSE that came with my a scanner. I worked in greyscale and sent along the original rgb file as well...
Don't think my version will do those export options. Or, I don't know how  Wink

Anthony
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document