GWTW Forum
January 20, 2019, 02:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
   Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to:

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: nomenclature of truck body hardware  (Read 3125 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Trade Count: (0)
« on: February 22, 2013, 02:30 PM »

noticed the bumper cover loose today, couple screws fell out. there is a clip/retainer that fits between the bumper cover and the wheel well.  what is is called?
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)
Offline Offline

Posts: 3997

Location: Las Vegas, NV

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 03:03 PM »

A picture would help.  Smiley

Trade Count: (+10)
Offline Offline

Posts: 1659

Location: Long Island

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:19 PM »

I forget what they're called, but you can get those clips in most auto parts stores. They sell them in blister packs in the HELP ! section.

Trade Count: (+5)
Offline Offline

Posts: 647

Location: Salt Lake City, UT

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:36 PM »

Plastic push fastener?

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+29)
Online Online

Posts: 2021

Location: Stockton, CA

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 05:48 PM »

Those are called clip nuts, snap nuts, and several other names.  Most aouto parts stores carry them.
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)
Offline Offline

Posts: 397


« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 10:55 AM »

Be aware, when reattaching a bumper cover using the clip-nuts often times it's the plastic that they clip to that fails, not the not itself. Usually there's a plastic tab with some sort of hole in it that these things clip to. Myself, I use zip ties! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum
Our forum is made possible by the support of the members of our community.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Fly Market

A Wind Of Change

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.8 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.2.1 © 2008-2009
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!