GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 09:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two point landing  (Read 1797 times)
rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« on: February 12, 2013, 02:32 PM »

I discover something new with the two point landing.  Prior to the discovery, I do the two pointing landing by snapping the lower wing when it approaches slightly at an angle to the ground and then immediately pull both lines to land it.  Sometimes when the timing is bad, it will just end up in the turtle position.  So, I try snapping the upper wing instead and it looks like it is better as the kite gets more difficult to get into the turtle position.  Smiley
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:57 PM »

Rudy, the two point landing is the 3 and 4 of the Comete, Snap right kite flip then pull left, try that and see  Smiley

Good day !
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 02:24 PM »

Rudy, the two point landing is the 3 and 4 of the Comete, Snap right kite flip then pull left, try that and see  Smiley

Good day !

Hi, doesn't this depend on the side the kite is coming from?
I mean, when you say right, does that mean bottom or top wing?
Thanks

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 02:52 PM »

Yes always snap the bottom wing first then the kite will flip in to turtle, right away pull the other hand right away and don't move, make sure the kite at 45% back a bit, because the kite might take off again if the wind is strong.

Hope that help Smiley

Good day.
bryan beasley

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:09 AM »

Or... half axel the thing into the ground.

Bryan
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 12:31 PM »

Or... half axel the thing into the ground.

Bryan

Oh.... never thought of that Roll Eyes.   I like that option.   Grin
Michel
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 08:15 AM »

2pt Studies
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 01:56 PM »

Hey this should be forbidden... showing such things to newbies like us.
He is actually almost not moving his hands! How are we supposed to imitate anything when there is almost nothing to imitate?!?!?!
This is outrageous.

Wink

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 03:17 PM »

this Is something a lot of us strive for. The better you get the less you have to move. This includes the running around part Thank GOD. With better control comes the ability to subtly power up and power down the kite with tweaks.  And as shown above make dramatic moves with the kite but not your body

have fun kurt
jaydub

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 03:49 PM »

The other thing to note with Martin's flying is that the Nirvana is by no means a small input kite.  As they say, it's all in the timing. Wink
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 04:25 PM »

As= aero stuff?

Sine Metu!
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 05:33 PM »

Hey this should be forbidden... showing such things to newbies like us.
He is actually almost not moving his hands! How are we supposed to imitate anything when there is almost nothing to imitate?!?!?!
This is outrageous.

Wink

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Ara, Your point is well taken and not missed by me. Always thought this is why I was never able to learn from the videos (couldn't be lack of skills   Cheesy ) Advanced flyer inputs are so polished its hard for a newbie to see let alone copy.

Now that John C has been yelling at me for 18 months my inputs have toned down dramatically.  I used to look like a ninja warrior punching, stabling and yanking on the lines. This weeks video, flying the Talon and Tekken I looked closer to a Zen master in meditation. Keep saying who is that guy?  Huh

madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 12:33 PM »

.This weeks video, flying the Talon and Tekken I looked closer to a Zen master in meditation. Keep saying who is that guy?  Huh

............. and that video is where?

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 02:25 AM »

.This weeks video, flying the Talon and Tekken I looked closer to a Zen master in meditation. Keep saying who is that guy?  Huh

Right! Where?! I want to see your Zen side  Wink
I am also trying to Zennify myself...  Roll Eyes

In my bag...
jim-bo
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 05:02 PM »

Try U-tube     DPmama74
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change