GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 11:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some fun with the Saber II  (Read 983 times)
ghfisanotti
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 13, 2013, 05:36 PM »

Last saturday we had a very nice morning to fly here in Buenos Aires, with a very smooth breeze from the river. I took the camera, the tripod and my trustful Saber II and had a lot of fun making this video:

http://youtu.be/BJ_NPH2vjbQ

hope you like it.

Regards from the hot summer!
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:06 PM »

Great stuff!
Looks like a beautiful day too.
coogee

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:34 PM »

Smooth.... flying and soundtrack. Great flowing flying. Good stuff Gerado.
 Mike
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Love it, thanks for posting.  Grin
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 11:38 AM »

Nice!
The wind really seemed optimal.

You seem to be really close to an airport...
Aren't there international laws that define a minimum distance for kite flying from an airport?
Anyone know what that is?

Nice flying anyway!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
ghfisanotti

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 03:49 PM »

You seem to be really close to an airport...
Aren't there international laws that define a minimum distance for kite flying from an airport?

You're right, our field is approximately four kilometers from Aeroparque Jorge Newbery, the domestic airport of Buenos Aires. I don't know of any restrictions to fly kites where we do it, hope nobody else does....
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 04:07 PM »

Great flying.

At 4km flying on 30m lines, I don't think la policia are going to worry.

Our club had a discussion on US laws on how close you can fly to airports. US FAA rules state no flying over 150 ft within 5 miles of any airport. It's probably for the radar, but if you had a plane at 150ft more than a mile away from the airport, I would run like hell in the opposite direction.

I have a favorite wide open park surrounded by farm fields right across the street from a regional airport. I haven't had any policia visits yet, but I keep my SLK's at 100 ft or lower.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:12 PM by Tmadz » Logged
hawkerhunter

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 10:31 PM »

nice video Gerado. I always enjoy watching you fly. Great choice of music as well. You guys are so fortunate to have conditions like that to fly in. I havent seen a sky that blue for a long time. Good luck with VF if youve entered.

Steve
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:33 AM by hawkerhunter » Logged
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 02:52 AM »

Great flying.

At 4km flying on 30m lines, I don't think la policia are going to worry.

Our club had a discussion on US laws on how close you can fly to airports. US FAA rules state no flying over 150 ft within 5 miles of any airport. It's probably for the radar, but if you had a plane at 150ft more than a mile away from the airport, I would run like hell in the opposite direction.

I have a favorite wide open park surrounded by farm fields right across the street from a regional airport. I haven't had any policia visits yet, but I keep my SLK's at 100 ft or lower.

OK great. Good to know.
So no worries che Gerardo.
Volá tranquilo!  Wink

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
ghfisanotti

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 09:51 AM »

OK great. Good to know.
So no worries che Gerardo.
Volá tranquilo!  Wink

Gracias! vos también, che!

ghfisanotti

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 10:03 AM »

You guys are so fortunate to have conditions like that to fly in. I havent seen a sky that blue for a long time. Good luck with VF if youve entered.

Yes, Steve, that's true, we're very lucky to have this park (Paseo de la Costa) so close to the Río de la Plata, the weather is good enough to fly kites all the year, our winter does not have snow and our summer is quite hot, but bearable. The wind is usually onshore, so very smooth and in the UL-to-STD range, all in all, ideal conditions. I live approximately 6 Km from this park, so it takes me 20 minutes to get there if I go pedaling. It is also a great spot to practice my other hobby: inline roller skating.

You're invited to come here and fly with us sometime!

Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 10:26 AM »

yes, nice to watch  Tongue

curieus about that kite (or the saberIII)

may i suggest two things:
 1) try a lazy-input a few times with your left hand (as is mandatory for a real jacobsladder (in the netherlands, that is))
 2) flatten your backspins (i think a little bit later with the next input)

if you don't like someone make you suggestions, tell me and i remove them and never do it again
ghfisanotti

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 11:33 AM »

yes, nice to watch  Tongue

curieus about that kite (or the saberIII)

may i suggest two things:
 1) try a lazy-input a few times with your left hand (as is mandatory for a real jacobsladder (in the netherlands, that is))
 2) flatten your backspins (i think a little bit later with the next input)

if you don't like someone make you suggestions, tell me and i remove them and never do it again

Hi Krijn! I do like suggestions, at least from those who are better pilots than myself. Thanks a lot for your suggestions, I'll try to remember those tips from now on!

Regards,

Gerardo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document