GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 09:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow Devil SUL...  (Read 1724 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: February 19, 2013, 11:42 PM »

So, this was my last session out flying for a while. I got some VF25 footage out of it, and was really trying to get the AVFFF challenge nailed. Too bad the wind was so light that the biggest trick was keeping the kite in the air. This wind would've been more suited to a true SUL like a Prism Vapor, or Pro Dancer, not a trick kite like the Sea Devil. BUT, the Sea Devil really impressed me, and was able to pull off a few tricks, even some single pop yoyos. I was trying to work on some Slots & Tazs, but I just haven't figured out the entries to them, yet. I put an failed AVFFF attempt right up front, and I just couldn't back up any more to keep it going, my beach is pretty narrow, and you don't want to step into the water this time of year.
Special thanks to Lam for making this awesome kite for my wife & family to give to me for my birthday last year... best one yet !

I'll warn potential viewers up front, it's a long video. If you have the time & the interest, come hang out at my beach without getting cold, enjoy some SRV, and don't forget to click the HD button & full screen it.

Cool

Winter Flying... Feb, 2013.

Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:00 AM »

NICE!!

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
KiteChemist
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:06 PM »

1 pop yoyo from fade with a sul ?  Huh Impressive!!!
ghfisanotti

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 03:55 PM »

Thanks for sharing this material, Rob. Your 540s and slides are great and the SRV blues are always a pleasure to listen to.

I hope you recover soon to start flying again before the winter ends.

Gerardo.
trigger

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 04:37 PM »

Just love your videos! some great stuff there!

Hopefully you recover quickly.  with broken ribs and back your flying is still superb.  Maybe If I get out to CT this summer and you are all better we can hook up for a bit.

jim
RobB

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 08:06 PM »

1 pop yoyo from fade with a sul ?  Huh Impressive!!!
Yeah, I think Lam did a little something extra to this Sea Devil. I wondered about the Skyclaw yoyo stoppers on an SUL when I first got it, but it is pitchy for a Sea Devil, and also an SUL.

RobB

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 08:10 PM »

Thanks for sharing this material, Rob. Your 540s and slides are great and the SRV blues are always a pleasure to listen to.

I hope you recover soon to start flying again before the winter ends.

Gerardo.
Glad you enjoyed it, G. I'm looking forward to being back out there ASAP. It's still a few weeks away, though, but maybe all the snow will be gone by then.

Just love your videos! some great stuff there!

Hopefully you recover quickly.  with broken ribs and back your flying is still superb.  Maybe If I get out to CT this summer and you are all better we can hook up for a bit.

jim
This was before my accident... Hope you do make it out for some flying this summer, CT is a short boat ride away.

Glad you all had some time to enjoy winter flying (without getting cold !)

~Rob.

Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 11:47 PM »

wow, very nice sideslides indeed

all seemed very relaxed, till you stepped in the frame at 2:33  Cheesy

about the slack: flying SUL's and UL's, never give too much slack, it will kill the kite, just try to dose it exactly

how is your recovery going?

Krijn
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 05:57 AM »

long video as you say, but action packed all the way through. Nice flying in poor conditions...
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 09:41 AM »

Love watching your videos- thanks so much for sharing!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
RobB

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 10:45 AM »

wow, very nice sideslides indeed

all seemed very relaxed, till you stepped in the frame at 2:33 

about the slack: flying SUL's and UL's, never give too much slack, it will kill the kite, just try to dose it exactly

how is your recovery going?

Krijn
Hey Krijn...
yeah, I'm working on that flic-flac to 360 or 540 trick, and trying to slack it enough for the rotations, and sometimes, in that low of a wind, I over do it. I actually stepped on my line & popped the line right out of my hand. I leave screw-ups like that as some comedy for those watching. Finding the right amount is something I'm constantly learning, I had real trouble for years giving any slack at all, I used to just lock up once I started a trick. I left that little bit with me in the frame (2:33) in case people wanted to see what I was doing to get those tricks, or people who know better can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
BTW... it was a pleasure to score your VF25 video, I watched it countless times, I expect to see you in the top of the standings...

long video as you say, but action packed all the way through. Nice flying in poor conditions...
Yes, it is long, a total waste of bandwidth. Should I appologize to Al Gore for poluting his internet ?  Shocked
The only conditions that count are the wind, and although low, you couldn't ask for a smoother, more constant wind. I wish I could send a little bit of it to the rest of you...

Love watching your videos- thanks so much for sharing!
Thank you... better be careful, keep saying stuff like that, I'll post more !    Cheesy

Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 10:54 AM »

i was talking about your colorfull jacket  Wink
RobB

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 12:33 PM »

i was talking about your colorfull jacket  Wink
Gotta add some color... I might get lost in the snow !    Grin

Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Love the video, it's hard to follow the kite, but I love those slides. I have been dreaming about being able to do those some day. 

Maybe for your next video you can do some night flying with your black fearless.  Grin
RobB

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 04:38 AM »

Funny you say that, I have tried that. Hard to do tricks... It doesn't matter, the all white kite isn't easy to see at night, either. I hate day-light-wastings time...   Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document