GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 03:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to replace NFX spine..  (Read 722 times)
tommymcmillan
Trade Count: (+14)

« on: February 21, 2013, 04:13 PM »

I let my friend fly my NFX ,and some how it came back with the spine broken. Could some please tell me what rod I need to order,and the lenght it needs to be cut to??
Thanks,
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:35 PM »

I can think of at least 3 different NFX kites both old school and new.  Depending on what brand kite it will be 6mm pultruded, p200 or p300.  If its the nirvana version I've seen both p200 and p300 in them.  Look at the old spine for any markings.
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:53 PM »

The R-Sky NFX standard came with 6mm pultruded carbon frame for both the nylon and icarex versions.  Skyshark 6mm will do just fine

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
tommymcmillan
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 07:57 PM »

I know it's the Nirvana NFX,so i'll look at the spine,and see which rod I need..
Thanks,
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 08:05 PM »

Kevin knows more about the nirvana line than I do so he is probably right about the stock rod.  Most of the ones that passed through my hands were modded by previous owners.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 08:08 PM »

Mine is 6mm all around including the upper spreader.  The lower spreaders are P2X.

Its a 2012 edition, but I don't think they have changed much except P2X for P200 which has probably gone back to P200 now.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:11 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 11:09 PM »

Mine is 6mm all around including the upper spreader.  The lower spreaders are P2X.

Its a 2012 edition, but I don't think they have changed much except P2X for P200 which has probably gone back to P200 now.

Also google on the clique my friend!  A well-known and talented flyer here in the PNW has spent considerable time and developed related talents on this kite.  He has tuned this one considerably.   He details his frame and bridle if you are interested.  I've flown it, it's good.  I also love the stock setup. 

Tom

6 kite tom
Michel
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 12:24 AM »

The R-Sky NFX standard came with 6mm pultruded carbon frame for both the nylon and icarex versions.  Skyshark 6mm will do just fine

I have never seen SkyShark pultruded 6 mm tubes...  Wink
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 09:09 AM »

I have never seen SkyShark pultruded 6 mm tubes...  Wink

You can buy them direct from Skyshark, or from Skyshark stockists.  I won't post a direct link here, but a search engine will help you find them  Smiley

EDIT:  Sorry, I see what you mean.  .2400

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Michel
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 11:29 AM »

EDIT:  Sorry, I see what you mean.  .2400

Yes you said " 6 mm" and 6 mm is .2400".

But the original pultruded tubes used by R-SKY are 6 mm Structil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document