GWTW Forum
April 18, 2014, 03:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob's Burgers  (Read 865 times)
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: February 26, 2013, 09:57 PM »

Has no one watched the new Bob's Burgers on Hulu? Lots of kite stuff!  Grin

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:59 PM »

gonna check it out now!  Huh
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 04:44 AM »

I saw it, but I thought I was the only one who watched that show... glad some other kite folks saw that. Which one of you is the writer for that show ?   Cheesy

Jared

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 12:50 PM »

The writer was a guy named Mike Benner, I managed to get a response out of him regarding the kite portion of the episode:

After I turned in my first draft of the script, we decided that Greg needed a “thing” that gave him a unique flavor. We were kicking around a bunch of different “things,” and me or someone else in the room remembered seeing this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cSjFed_1Q0g

At about the :45 mark, the guy flying the kite starts making these moves and maneuvers that we just thought were so fun and funny, and we knew instantly that Greg was into kites.
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 02:19 PM »

That's great Jared, thanks for sharing, that's one great video too.

Cheesy   Cheesy  "An inside look into the seedy underbelly of the professional kite flying world." , TheNomadicProject 

Sounds like I'll have fun looking around the video shooters web site too.

So who is going to fess up as being the Thors Hammer flyer and comic inspiration?

BTW, I wouldn't have seen the humor if it hadn't been pointed out, I started when TOTL Hawaiian's and FlexiFoils were the go to kites so you know I've flown from, or landed on, my a_$ more then a few times
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:34 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
DD
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 02:41 PM »

got a good episode to watch?

Sine Metu!
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Of BBs? The one in question is only good because of the kite references. All the other ones are really pretty funny IMHO.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
Jared

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 05:54 PM »

There's really no such thing as a bad episode to watch, the latest "Lindapendent Woman" is funny because of the kite references, but a few of my favorites are "Crawl Space", "Art Crawl", "Burger Boss" and "Broadcast Wagstaff School News"
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 06:27 PM »

I don't know if any one watches Archer, but H. Jon Benjamin is also the voice of Archer. The season premiere of Archer was a Bobs Burgers dream sequence. Definitely an adult show, but hilarious (IMHO).
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 04:24 AM »

The writer was a guy named Mike Benner, I managed to get a response out of him regarding the kite portion of the episode:

After I turned in my first draft of the script, we decided that Greg needed a “thing” that gave him a unique flavor. We were kicking around a bunch of different “things,” and me or someone else in the room remembered seeing this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cSjFed_1Q0g

At about the :45 mark, the guy flying the kite starts making these moves and maneuvers that we just thought were so fun and funny, and we knew instantly that Greg was into kites.

so that means that Greg is now partially based on Dave Gibson?Huh?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography