GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 01:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UL or SUL Ocius with wing-tip accents!  (Read 2323 times)
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: February 27, 2013, 04:59 PM »

After seeing some of the new custom Ocius' others have had made, I was motivated to try out a few color combos for a custom Ocius. I'm still deciding on whether I want to have an UL or an SUL made so anyone that has flown both or just has some input they can share ....can feel free to comment!

Here's the final 3 ...with #'s 1 & 3 being my top choices although I think #2 ...with the Rubin Red center would be a nice color combo as well IMO.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:50 PM by photogbill » Logged
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 05:02 PM »

Nice job Bill!

I love R/W/B kites and #3 is looking mighty fine, particularly for a UL or SUL.

6 kite tom
photogbill

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 05:19 PM »

Nice job Bill!

I love R/W/B kites and #3 is looking mighty fine, particularly for a UL or SUL.

Thanks Tom! I've had a bunch of R/W/B kites over the years & I agree completely with you that it's color combo that is always a winner! I made an L'Organic for a friend a couple years ago in that color combo with red wing-tips and liked it better than the one I made for myself! Also just built an Invictus in R/W/B that got a lot of favorable comments. I do like #1 as well though so it will be  a hard decision to make. I still have time since I'm hoping for some feedback on the two models, UL or SUL, before I make a decision.
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:27 PM »

#3... would also look good with flour orange...
photogbill

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 05:59 PM »

#3... would also look good with flour orange...

Agreed! I sent my above color combo choices to Jon @ Skuburner just a short while ago, so I'm not 100% sure he will agree to making the wing tips a different color than the main body of the kite but I can't imagine there being any build issues to doing so. If he doesn't have any issues with my 'custom' proposals, I'll inform you here on this thread and u can feel free to download my photo & use it to come up with your own color combos, if you like.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 07:02 PM »

I like #2 (just for pure visual appeal), but do tend to agree that ULs and SULs need more white in them... So #3.

Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 07:23 PM »

I vote for #3 as well
trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11 PM »

All are very nice...

I think you should get #3....

Cuz i want #1  Grin  I still don't have a blue kite... ahhh
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 09:31 PM »

I hope he does agree because I think it's what this scheme needs. It's kind of "simple" other wise
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42 PM »

i enjoy my sul ocius, i use a widowmaker for my ul

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 10:16 PM »

#3! Have one just like it, only the wingtips are just black and white.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 10:52 PM »

Definately a toss up between #1 and #3. I'm leaning towards #1 as UL's are more graceful. to me blue is better for a UL as opposed to red's which to me are more of an aggressive color more favorable to a standard or high wind kite where you can really hammer on the strings!!    Undecided

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 06:34 AM »

I like 2 most. Was never a fan of white kites

Sine Metu!
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 06:44 AM »

#2!!!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
photogbill

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 08:34 AM »

I hope he does agree because I think it's what this scheme needs. It's kind of "simple" other wise

Bill,
  Your change in the graphics has made this kite twice as appealing.....no, three times.   Tongue  Grin What a nice change.

Thanks to ALL for so many positive comments and reactions. Being a photographer for over 20 years, I like to think I have a good 'eye' for graphics and color combinations!

Please continue with the positive feedback if you like the wingtip accent changes I proposed. I have passed this forum thread/topic ...and your comments & suggestions onto Jon & Marieanne Trennepohl via an email.

I like the way the Ocius flies and have to admit that I was hesitant to purchase one initially due the rather 'plain' graphics, myself! Not to boast but I sincerely believe that the changes I proposed for my own 'custom' UL/SUL Ocius might give the extra Pizazz to the Ocius that will help boost sales of a very capable & fine flying kite!

As I mentioned to Jon ...from my 30+ years of flying stunt/sport kites, I not only want a kite that is capable of doing great things in the air ...I want a kite that 'looks great' while it's doing them! I'm reasonably certain that most of you feel the same way!  Wink

Thanks again & have a great day guys & gals!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change