GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 08:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UL or SUL Ocius with wing-tip accents!  (Read 1739 times)
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 10:21 AM »

I might just have to also Norm...

Would also look cool with Midnight wing tips with grey accents...
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07 AM »

As I mentioned to Jon ...from my 30+ years of flying stunt/sport kites, I not only want a kite that is capable of doing great things in the air ...I want a kite that 'looks great' while it's doing them! I'm reasonably certain that most of you feel the same way!  Wink
Thanks again & have a great day guys & gals!
I have been very hesitant about purchasing an Ocius UL. I will go out on a limb and say; If Jon decides to go with the sail graphics the way YOU have done them I will purchase a UL version. Providing of course, the price doesn't change too much. Great looking graphics. Now, if only some others would change or at least give you a couple options.  Roll Eyes

Good and bad news Norm! The good news is that I just received a reply to my inquiry and suggestion to Jon and he graciously thanked me for my input and told me "we are going to add it to our colorizer"! He was referring to the color combo options. The bad news is that "limb" you are out on is about to break! < < <  Cheesy So make sure you share your color combo choice with us when you order that UL! Wink
photogbill

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 11:16 AM »

Hopefully Jon will be able to update his Ocius colorizer shortly ...so you and others can play around with different color combo options right on his website!
photogbill

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 11:33 AM »

Is this what you had in mind?

Just a teaser:

photogbill

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 11:49 AM »

I have created a 'monster' with my color combo suggestion! THis could mean hours of idle time spent with Jon's new colorizer! Heck, I'm already addicted ...making the color changes in Photoshop!@  Cheesy

This may be a color compromise between my 3 'original choices' ...that  I can live with:

This one uses Rubin Red instead of standard red! ....I think I've solved my color choice dilema!  Wink
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:04 PM by photogbill » Logged
photogbill

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 12:11 PM »

i enjoy my sul ocius, i use a widowmaker for my ul

How does the SUL do in the tricks department. Many SULs suffer from a lower mass. Since the standard flies in a reasonably low wind compared to many standards ...I'm leaning towards just going with an UL!
photogbill

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 01:30 PM »

Best news I've heard in a long time. This one looks really good, but could you keep posting more combinations and I won't have to go into the colorizer. thanks, Bill
More than that I'm glad Jon listened, because he will soon have an order to fill as soon as YOU post a combination I want.  Wink
[/quote]

You talked me into it!

More UL/SULs:

Some more Ocius choices:

And a few more for those who like loud n bold colors:

That's all from me! Your on your own for now on!  Wink Good luck! Grin
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 01:49 PM »

You guys have dramatically improved the visual appeal - nice work!

6 kite tom
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 03:07 PM »

Well I'm obviously not in the majority here but I'd be all over #1, but then I bought the Blue and White Nighthawk and am totally envious of my brothers Red and White one (#3)

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
photogbill

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 05:03 PM »

Not often I beg, but would you make some using Red as in the #2 first posted. I don't care what people on the beach think, because they don't know anything about a UL kite. There is one concern to think about and that is re-sell. I don't really care about that either, because my price will be so low someone with any amount of brain particulate will buy it from me. I will keep my eye here waiting for a Red version of #2. thanks Bill, Norm

Here ya go Norm, ya beggar! If none of these suit you ....you know the saying  > > > "beggars can't be choosers" !  Cheesy

P.S. If you right-click on the image and open it in a new window it will appear larger for you!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:09 PM by photogbill » Logged
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 05:09 PM »

I find it hard to not buy a kite with that color scheme.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:17 AM by Wayner » Logged
photogbill

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 06:22 PM »

Here ya go Norm, ya beggar! If none of these suit you ....you know the saying  > > > "beggars can't be choosers" !  Cheesy

Holy Crap  Cheesy  Cheesy # 15.........I know the time that takes......so big thanks. Norm

Don't mention it! Glad you found one you liked. ... #15 would have been my first choice of that group as well!

Here's my Top 3!

trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 07:26 PM »

6    9
and not just because they look great together  Cool

OK, that made my next kite purchase easy, I am just $$$ away grom getting one to replace my 4d. I really want to get into a skyburner. Jon is only a couple hrs from me and i got to meat him. I should have bought a widow maker but the graphics just don't do it for me... maybe we can get an update to that while we are at it  Grin

kepople

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 08:17 PM »

Dang it! Photogbill! Thats exactly it and i was right! It does look awesome.
Thanks

Is this what you had in mind?

Just a teaser:

kepople

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 08:22 PM »

Photobill... Two words...
Flour orange...
What cha got?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography