GWTW Forum
December 22, 2014, 11:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YoYo stopper for the Shadow  (Read 949 times)
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« on: March 02, 2013, 12:18 AM »

Getting better with my pitch tricks. Time to install the YoYo stoppers that game with the kite.

Different that anything I have seen before. Hard plastic that seens to small and tight to easily put on.

Anybody get a slick way to get these on.  Roll Eyes
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 01:08 AM »

Push hard and they will snap on.   It's an interesting design.

6 kite tom
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 01:31 AM »

Does the Shadow roll up? I don't remember that mine is particularly pitchy...

Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 01:57 AM »

The HQ yoyo stoppers should just push on though they are a tight fit - just be a little careful with the Shadow as it only has 4mm LE's.  The standard Shadow isn't great at yoyo's, one of it's few weak spots.  It can do them, but you need a 2 pop input to get it all the way round mostly down to the low weight and inertia - the additional 12gram weight helps ( did you get this? it seems that not everyone does).  I have been playing around with mine and have swapped the standard 5mm spine for P200 skyshark with a small 5gram weight either end. This is a little heavier than standard but only seems to have only a very slight effect on the very bottom end performance.  The upside is that it seems to do better flic flacs and lets you get one pop yoyo's.  You want to put the stoppers approx 52cm from the nose.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 04:05 AM »

i had a shadow, two-pops are the way

but try this: stall the kite and give a firm pop on both lines and give slack (sooner than you can read this), a beautiful one-pop-yoyo will be your reward

a normal one-pop is also possible, check this movie (mine) at 4:31 https://vimeo.com/12126606

Krijn
KennyB
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Im still trying to learn tricks with my shadow, Waiting for spring is getting old here in Ohio. Im not sure I got yoyo stoppers with my kite I will have to check.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 09:57 AM »

Push hard and they will snap on.   It's an interesting design.

The HQ yoyo stoppers should just push on though they are a tight fit - just be a little careful with the Shadow as it only has 4mm LE's.  You want to put the stoppers approx 52cm from the nose.
Thanks, I was afraid of breaking the small LE

The standard Shadow isn't great at yoyo's, one of it's few weak spots.  It can do them, but you need a 2 pop input to get it all the way round mostly down to the low weight and inertia - the additional 12gram weight helps ( did you get this? it seems that not everyone does). 
I do have the 12 gram weight.  It no longer comes with the current models but “Gamelord” had some custom made. Nice bonus when I picked the kite up from his store.   

Does the Shadow roll up? I don't remember that mine is particularly pitchy...
For me the Shadow is a sweet flying kite, but it’s also subtle and understated. As my skills get better it keeps showing me another level.   Now after learning a new trick, I move over to the Shadow. It help polish up my skills and my harsh, abrupt style.  It comes out to play with well-timed and tempered inputs.   

i had a shadow, two-pops are the way

but try this: stall the kite and give a firm pop on both lines and give slack (sooner than you can read this), a beautiful one-pop-yoyo will be your reward

a normal one-pop is also possible, check this movie (mine) at 4:31 https://vimeo.com/12126606
Krijn

Thanks for the tips and video. I only get better.  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum