GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 05:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sail - Tekken DOA MidVent  (Read 1693 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« on: March 03, 2013, 09:14 AM »

YouTube

http://youtu.be/rIN6sjaKSHs

And Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/60935003

Enjoy,

Tom

6 kite tom
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:27 AM »

To me Tom the best part was getting a chance to watch your armand  hand movements.   Thanks.  The flying was of course Great. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   I really needed to watch you arms,hands and movements. This is one I am going to watch a number of times.  Huh Huh Huh  I stand my camera in front of the screen and copy videos. This one well be download as well... Watching it gets me to thinking about the nice easy inputs your doing.  How about an Instructional type video Huh  It's risky but you'd help a lot of people.

p.s.- If anyone else in terested in Tom making an instructional video let him know and support him...  First video I can think of in a Long time really getting to see the pilot and the kite together.. 

p.p.s.s.- Tom how long were your lines ??

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Adamld13
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 09:34 AM »

Awesome flying Tom!

dihongshao2000
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 10:28 AM »

What a great Sunday morning treat!!!  Wonderful video Tom...smooth Taz and comete.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 12:30 PM »

Sweet flying Tom!  Hope this morning's weather holds up......Be there in an hour or so..If I can find a kite. Undecided

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 01:41 PM »

Well, that should settle the question about the venting... looks like Lam put them in the right place !  Cheesy

That was some awesome flying, Tom, it's come a LONG way since I've started watching your videos (Prism video challenge ? QPro ? ) Thanks for continuing to post them (downloadable, too). They are a great help for guys like me, still trying to figure stuff out. I liked your AVFFF tribute, but you missed the fourth one...  Shocked

BTW... what the heck was that, a paraglider landed on your field ? That thing was HUGE.

rudyy
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:44 PM »

Nice flying Tom.  I like the transition from Taz Machine into Comete.  It looks very nice and smooth.  Too bad that I still cannot do the Taz machine  Sad

I also like the JL with a couple of yoyos thrown in.
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 05:21 PM »

Awesome job my friend, you make me little worry now for the next hot tricks. Oh boy I need to practice some more Smiley Just finish testing the Tekken Extra vent Std today, The wind was 23 + Mph and bumpy, very smooth and not too much pull. I am very happy with the result Smiley

Thanks for the video Smiley

GOOD DAY !
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 05:29 PM »

Fantastic, Tom. I love watching you fly! It WOULD BE very cool if you filmed a bunch of instructional videos. What a legacy that would be. Might end up being too much like work tho, eh? Cheesy

Your #1 fan,

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 05:31 PM »

Wow tom, you make it look so easy. Beautiful flying and nice looking bird!
rudyy
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Tom,  where exactly do you place your video camera tripod and how far is it away from you?  I am thinking of posting the video of myself flying.

Rudy
tpatter

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 09:01 AM »

p.s.- If anyone else in terested in Tom making an instructional video let him know and support him...  First video I can think of in a Long time really getting to see the pilot and the kite together.. 

p.p.s.s.- Tom how long were your lines ??

Not sure that I'm the best source for videos.  I do think that the best ones are like martins studies and Randy's where you can see the kite/flyer/inputs all at once and you get it by imitation.

Lines were about 70-75 feet which for that flying spot is what I mostly use.

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 09:03 AM »

I liked your AVFFF tribute, but you missed the fourth one...  Shocked
The fourth one looked like a missed attempt at a Wap do Wap. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Edit: How could I have used the word fai... attempt in a video that great.  Sad  Sad

I pulled it off actually, but it was pretty sloppy looking, so I edited it out.  The kite does them very well.  It actually comes nose-forward so easily as well, but none of that made the video.  This kite will probably be the one I learn the crazy copter on.

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 09:04 AM »

Awesome job my friend, you make me little worry now for the next hot tricks. Oh boy I need to practice some more Smiley Just finish testing the Tekken Extra vent Std today, The wind was 23 + Mph and bumpy, very smooth and not too much pull. I am very happy with the result Smiley

Thanks for the video Smiley

GOOD DAY !

Haha - no worries on hot tricks Lam, I need at least a few more years of intense study!  Thanks for the comments.  I can't wait to try the full vent now.

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 09:05 AM »

Tom,  where exactly do you place your video camera tripod and how far is it away from you?  I am thinking of posting the video of myself flying.

Rudy

I'm usually about 10 feet behind the camera, but while tricking, etc often end up a bit in front of it as well. 

6 kite tom
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography