GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 01:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Crow Senior by Paw  (Read 1609 times)
Seaslug
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 05, 2013, 06:34 AM »

Nice lil. vid from Paw Smiley watch out at 1.45
...hmmm
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:38 AM by Seaslug » Logged

Dave.
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 07:58 AM »

Nice lil. vid from Paw Smiley watch out at 1.45 

Ah! I'll never stop saying this: I love how clean each and every trick looks!   Huh   Shocked   Huh   Shocked
Amazing!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
coogee

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:14 PM »

Nice work
 Mike
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 12:17 PM »

so what is the trick called at 1:45? Huh

Sine Metu!
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:11 PM »

so what is the trick called at 1:45? Huh

"Tractor Spin"!   Cheesy

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 03:44 PM »

1:45 Never seen that trick.  I got a dollar he made it up...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 03:54 PM »

Great stuff - loved it!   Tractor Spin sounds perfect.

Time it looked like a reverse insane cascade.  If I'm right, I like how the kite does them - very tight.

6 kite tom
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 12:02 AM »

Great stuff - loved it!   Tractor Spin sounds perfect.

Time it looked like a reverse insane cascade.  If I'm right, I like how the kite does them - very tight.

I see it as a very deep turtle that crawls down.
It's exactly the position that I dread my kite to get into because I always finish with the kite on the ground and most of the time with the lines wrapped all around.
But somehow he manages to control it and make it look beautiful!

BTW, I called it "Tractor Spin" because that was exactly the point in which the tractor on the road turned and entered the field with a menacing intention of harvesting PAW and his kite...  Shocked    Cheesy

In my bag...
John Welden

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 07:12 PM »

If you invent a combo that looks like the kite is broken and out of control, it doesn't really count.  Roll Eyes
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 08:09 PM »

If you invent a combo that looks like the kite is broken and out of control, it doesn't really count.  Roll Eyes

It counts if you can do it again   Cool

I agree it is not the best looking trick. but I would do it if I could.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 08:25 PM »

That trick does look kind of funky, but that was the best execution of a trick like that that I have ever seen. I'm glad PAW is still posting videos, and that one just goes to show what can be done in a higher wind. I'm guessing the wind speed was in the teens for that session. I dread that kind of wind, especially in the winter !

Ara Ararauna

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 09:34 PM »

I would not call the Comete the most graceful trick. The first time I saw it I thought this pilot is in deep trouble. It looked really chaotic. Of course when you become a little bit educated in this you start recognizing patterns and difficulty in execution.

And in this case, as I said, I think PAW makes that trick even look clean, graceful and clear...

In my bag...
dihongshao2000

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 10:46 PM »

It is the trick called "Goff".  Search on GWTW you will see more PAW videos on this and know why it is named as such.
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 03:31 AM »

It is the trick called "Goff".  Search on GWTW you will see more PAW videos on this and know why it is named as such.

No, no. The Goff is with the nose pointing upwards (http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=5829.0), while this one here at min 1:45 has the nose pointing downwards.

If you wish we could name it an "Inverted Goff" or a "Ffog"  Grin

... or a "Crawling Turtle" ...or a "Tractor Spin"   Wink   Cheesy

In my bag...
dihongshao2000

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 07:28 AM »

No, no. The Goff is with the nose pointing upwards (http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=5829.0), while this one here at min 1:45 has the nose pointing downwards.

If you wish we could name it an "Inverted Goff" or a "Ffog"  Grin

... or a "Crawling Turtle" ...or a "Tractor Spin"   Wink   Cheesy

You are right.  I got confused.  "Ffog" is a good name for it. Short and simple. Easy to remember.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document