GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 11:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Widow Maker ul Finally flying  (Read 2068 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: March 11, 2013, 02:13 PM »

She's a pretty Lady ... Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss I've been out a few times last week.   Undecided Undecided However, the days I could fly wind was almost non-exsistant.   :'( :'(  On Saturday finally some decent wind to fly in the backyard pk.  Wind would die and pick up depending on the in between of the houses.  It worked.  My video camera keeps shuting off when it's cold... or it's broke.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I started to get the rust off and flew a little bit more in control...

Then I tried my first AVFFF ... Big mistake.  I was on side of a small hill.  I slipped and came down and landed and kinda twisted my knee.  I've had some work done on it before.  I didn't feel a tear or any sudden sharp pain.  Thank God... Little swollen , but I had to stop flying.... :'( :'( :'(  Seems to be O.K.  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

I even changed shoes so I had more traction... Worse is yesterday temps were in the 60's with great wind and me with leg up in the air with ice.  Hate to think of a Rev ...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Not really.   Flying a Rev would be as much as flying a stunt kite.

By the end of May... My flying will be much better than this video... I tried a number of new things with strange results...

flying again

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:18 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Yeah, nice choice of music. Forgot how good that song is. Some really nice axels in that video, too. I like the colors of the new WM. Looks like a parakeet sort of.  Lips sealed
Sorry to hear about your injury. This is when you realize how bad your kiting addiction is... I'll bet you're back out there before you really should be.  Roll Eyes
Stay healthy, because this is the year it will all come together. I see it coming... The big reward for the last few years of work...  Cool

vertigo2u

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 10:15 PM »

Thanks Rob.  Knee is feeling better.  I am leaving for Kentucky for a few days.  I planned on taking my kites...but I'd be better to take a few more days off.  Got my juices pumping though.... Have to avoid injury... The Backyard Pk. has some positives but the small hills are trouble walking backwards and down hill.  Nothing flat back there.  The wind goes bad when the trees grow leaves.

Now that snow has stopped and spring is coming.  I'll be heading to the Beach ...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 10:12 AM »

Nice!

I like the kite and the flying.

Nice 540's on both sides! Well done!
Also lazies on both sides, great!
And nice tries of half axel cascades.

You are indeed getting better.
Once your knee and the weather get both well, the beach will have a nice surprise on seeing your new tricks!   Wink
 Cheesy

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:02 AM »

At least take a couple of slks. Have fun!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 03:58 PM »

I like the colors of the new WM. Looks like a parakeet sort of.  Lips sealed

I can't see the colour/panel layout from the video.  Do you have a photo?  Smiley

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 04:12 PM »

I like the colors of the new WM. Looks like a parakeet sort of.  Lips sealed

I can't see the colour/panel layout from the video.  Do you have a photo?  Smiley

You must choose HD1080 video and you'll see them better.

That said... vertigo2u, do you have a photo?  Wink

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 04:27 PM »

nice setup and rotation on your lazy susans. Also seeing the start of a cascade.   Smiley

Looks like this summer will bring about some big improvements. 

You must choose HD1080 video and you'll see them better.

I have a WM UL and not in the market for another one but do you have a photo?  Wink
vertigo2u

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 06:15 AM »

I will have to work on getting some photo's of her.  It looks pretty in the sky.  I am thinking about a new color scheme to include lt. blue,gray,black,white... Sort of the pattern of this one ,but changing the yellow to lite blue. 

I am leaving for Kentucky in the morning for four days.  Knee feels good this morning... Thank you Jesus !!!  Smart move is to leave kites home...  Cry Cry Cry

Tonight is first Wednesday Night fly with Jon T... I'll be a No Show ...(maybe).

I keep watching my films and see points I need to improve. When I get back and wind is better.  I think I may spend the rest of March and April doing "Fades" .... I am also back at learning a real nice "Slide".  Strange thing is ..I have a para foil Symphony1.8 and I can slide her like a champ... 

Thanks for the comments.  I plan on making this a productive season.

Wayner

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 10:19 AM »

I am leaving for Kentucky in the morning for four days.  Knee feels good this morning...
Joe, glad to hear your are feeling better.

I am also back at learning a real nice "Slide".  Strange thing is ..I have a para foil Symphony1.8 and I can slide her like a champ... 

Huh   
I would like to see that  Tongue

I keep watching my films and see points I need to improve. When I get back and wind is better.  I think I may spend the rest of March and April doing "Fades"

Good choice. The fade leads to alot of other tricks and teaches you good line control  Smiley
When I was working on improving my fade it lead me to JLs.
If I couldn't hold the fade I did half a barrow roll before I lost the fade. Then I said heck thats half of a JL.  Roll Eyes
So if I could catch the fade I held it. if not I rolled out of in and start a JL.

I keep watching my films and see points I need to improve. ....   I plan on making this a productive season.

Video really helps you see what you are doing. I would recommend focusing on keeping your hands at your waist and giving inputs from there.
Last year at this time when I was blowing off the winter cobwebs and starting to fly again, everyone had me focus on my hand position. Video help me see how many times my hands were out of position. making this change really help my flying.  Grin

Wayne
JayDee

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 08:05 AM »

I have a WM UL and not in the market for another one but do you have a photo?  Wink

+1: She does look cool.  Photos, please!

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
da_zubr

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 09:11 AM »

Nice video Joe! Nice Music, Kites and flying! Keep it up!  Wink
vertigo2u

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 11:09 AM »

I can't figure out the photo post thing right now...

Pic's of new Widow Maker with different light changes ...

Widwo Maker Ul

KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Nice!

Finally, another Widowmaker colour scheme I like... apart from my purple fade  Smiley

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Wayner

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Nice. I like the black to white fade.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change