GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 03:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rev 2  (Read 946 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: March 09, 2013, 08:34 PM »

I'm not a big rev fan until now Smiley  Had a chance to fly a rev 2 for the first time and I've heard how good it can be for higher winds and I have to say it was fun.  Fast, agile and very responsive but not nearly as twitchy as I thought it would be. I'd say it handled the 18-25+ winds very well.  Had to try flying to one of my favorite songs for fast kites after about an hour of just getting a feel for it.   Here's the vid.

https://vimeo.com/61437321
trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:47 PM »

love it!  reminded me of my child hood watching BENNY HILL with my father  Grin
Ca Ike

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 09:16 PM »

Hmm the "benny hill" rev...has a nice ring to it Tongue.
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 09:32 PM »

I watched the Rev II and Popcan videos. Both can be chaos. Especially the Rev II in 25 mph wind when you are used to 1.5 inputs. It looked like you were already adjusting to much smaller inputs. Rev II is my favorite quad. Fun watching the Rev version of March Madness.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 09:52 PM »

That video is enought to give me though of crossing over to the dark side.  Huh

At least for high wind days.   Roll Eyes
SparkieRob

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 03:17 AM »

B2, which is a JB Series of the Rev2, is my first out last back kite. So much fun to throw around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inbetween Heaven and Earth, there are kites.
dayhiker

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 05:14 PM »

For some time I have been pondering getting a Rev 2 as my third Rev.  My thought is get it as a high wind kite & buy vented Revs later on when I go to The Outer Banks.  Inland mountain winds where I am produce high gusts on the stronger wind days during the winter.  I usually switch to smaller kites as the winds pick up.  Today was a typical light wind day.  Flights started with a Wala with puffs from the East, then Southern winds blew in & I switched to the 4D.  Finally the West wind came & got out the CDC STX for a bit.  Of course the wind blew the strongest as I was packing up.  That would have been time for the 1.5 Rev I am now learning.

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 06:05 PM »

I bought a Rev II for a high wind kite back about 1989. Never flew it at the low end of its range, since I was almost entirely interested in dual line kites until the wind got too high for them. It must have been 10 or 15 years before I tried flying it in lower winds. Ever since trying it in less than ballistic winds, it's been my favorite kite in the bag. One topic reply said the Rev II is replaced by the B2. I hope that is incorrect; it would be a shame for such a thrilling kite to go extinct.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
SparkieRob

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 07:15 PM »

I bought a Rev II for a high wind kite back about 1989. Never flew it at the low end of its range, since I was almost entirely interested in dual line kites until the wind got too high for them. It must have been 10 or 15 years before I tried flying it in lower winds. Ever since trying it in less than ballistic winds, it's been my favorite kite in the bag. One topic reply said the Rev II is replaced by the B2. I hope that is incorrect; it would be a shame for such a thrilling kite to go extinct.
While it gets used as the lead kite in the Progressive Stack, and stocked at most Rev dealers it will not be replaced. Damn cool colours and pattern offered on the Rev2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inbetween Heaven and Earth, there are kites.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 12:17 AM »

The Rev II is my favorite, bought one for the kid as soon as they were released. Haven't flown my original Rev I much since, bought my own after she moved out. That was a bit high of wind for a real enjoyable fly, I always have one in the bag if we're ever on the field together with better wind.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Ca Ike

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 12:31 AM »

The Rev II is my favorite, bought one for the kid as soon as they were released. Haven't flown my original Rev I much since, bought my own after she moved out. That was a bit high of wind for a real enjoyable fly, I always have one in the bag if we're ever on the field together with better wind.

Yea it was a bit high but still fun.  Day started out about 15 mph for the first 30min or so and kicked up fast.  Just surprised at how well the kite held up and flew for me.  I'll have to get up to chico again and bring it with me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change