GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 09:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 8991 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2013, 04:36 AM »

Reggie's lessons will help ! I printed them all out and would read them over and over. Try to visualize at the same time, or use a paper kite prop if you're bad at visualizing like me.

There's also a wealth of information over at Classy Kite. Beginners used to get great tips there from RandyG & Mama74 (Martin), the guys who made the videos !

http://classykite.org/ck/forum/YaBB.pl?board=tricktreat

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2013, 10:14 AM »

Held a Fade for about two minutes yesterday... Finally figured out my Biggest problem...I opened up ny arms and hands.  I was watching Martins video and I noticed like Norm his arms were wider apart than I normally have them... Yesterday the wider the longer I held the Fade.  When I brought my hands in close.  It wobbled till I went down ( real quick). It felt good watching the Solus just float... Just might have gotten it finally....

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
drmndrew82
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2013, 12:35 PM »

That makes a lot of sense putting your hands wider when holding a fade. I am going to try this today when I go fly after work. Thanks for the info!

Kite Bag: Skyburner: Widowmaker Std & UL/ I-Nak, HQ: Shadow, Flying Wings: Silver Fox 2.3 UL , Blue Moon: Mongoose, ITW: Kymera, Rev: (2) 1.5 SLE / 1.5 SLE Vented, Baressi Signature Vented, Kite Related Design: Fury UL, Fury STD, Fury Vented
jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Guess we're all different, because I find it helps to hold them together to know the lines are equal (although this does require your lines to be equal lengths in the first place!).
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2013, 10:02 PM »

I have used both.

Hands together offers better feel and motor control.

Hand apart provide better leverage. Good once you develop feel needed for the fade.  IMHO
trigger

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2013, 10:23 PM »

I finally got an AWESOME FADE!  I've probably done 6 ever, this one was PERFECT.   5ft off the ground, we just stared at each other for what seemed like an hour(i was only out for 30 minutes so it was probably 30+sec)  I found it relatively easy to raise and lower until the  shifty winds came. 

Thanks to everyone for all the tips!

Going to GLKF in grand haven, mi this weekend. I will see how the lake winds are and will have plenty of people to help video.

Charles P

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2013, 12:16 AM »

This challenge has been a bit more of a "Challenge" than I expected. I have not been able to do this one at my home field as of yet, which is in Puget Sound. (on the water but not on the coast) 
 I went to the coast today for the kite festival at Ocean Shores, WA. figured I would give this challenge a go and as luck would have it I think I actually pulled it off today.
 Problem is that I did not expect to even get close as I have been struggling to get the 10 seconds just above the deck and therefore did not have a camera rolling but in todays nearly perfect coastal winds of 7mph I was able to descend to the low altitude fade, hold it for what seemed to be 10 seconds and rise back out of it.

I'm starting to think that we might need steady costal winds for this challenge but I intend to give it go again at my home field very soon, (with a camera rolling) but I may need another good day at the beach to get this one!

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
trigger

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43 AM »

I'm on it this week! maybe thursday if winds are nice. I have a new sul coming, we'll see how that goes Smiley
vertigo2u

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013, 08:39 AM »

This is on my radar ....  i can Fade Launch but still trouble from pancake.. That Aura could seal the deal...  Have to do it with Widow Maker also... Aura is pice of cake...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
vertigo2u

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2013, 10:18 AM »

btw:  I changed back to keeping my hands in close.  Holding the Fade.  That was #1 of 1-2-3... Couldn't change that.  One close two back behind and three extending out all the way... Grin Grin Grin

The Fade launch I did with the Aura was incredible.  Just floated up and stayed that way.  Wind was extremely low.  However if it was same same out of the south.  The kite would have stayed up forever... 

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change