GWTW Forum
September 17, 2014, 10:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Insurance  (Read 1269 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: March 13, 2013, 10:26 AM »

I could do lots of research (already have done some),

but thought I would ask the kiter community.

I'm with State Farm and have been for many years.

No problems, no claims, just wondering what people

used here.

2 trucks and homeowner's policies needed

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:43 AM »

Same. no problems whatsoever.
Checked prices a couple years ago and the difference was negligable. 
My agent has been with me for years and is always helpful.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 10:54 AM »

USAA is my choice.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 11:18 AM »

I use Allstate, but AMICA is another good choice.

Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 01:23 PM »

My family and I have used State Farm for years. I did a price comparison as well, negligible difference. I have had to make 2 car claims and 1 house claim over 25 years and felt I was dealt with fairly, expeditiously and honestly each time. I'm on my 3rd agent because mine seem to keep retiring, but each one has been stellar.
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 01:24 PM »

USAA is my choice.....

I have been cold-called by Big Name insurance companies trying to get my business. They gather some relevant bits of info and ask me what my current premium is. I tell them. They say, "Oh, there's no way we'll be able to come close. Have a good day."

Yes, USAA is great. (I've stopped entertaining the telemarketers, too.)

(I also have my home insurance with them. My sister doesn't like them for the homeowner's insurance. I think she had a negative experience when filing a claim.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:26 PM by red sweater » Logged

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 01:55 PM »

I have used State Farm for years (20+), my original agent moved up the ranks, and his (ours) files were transferred to an incompetent agent, I was ready to change companies when I located Sara, she was the front end girl at my original agent, she had transferred to my (now) current agent.

I have had various claims over the years... auto accidents (two of the boys each had an accident) Garrett only crashes on his bicycle. I had a deer hit the front of the van. Kristine was hit by a red light runner, totaled the first Highlander, a BMW was totaled

Broken windows, stolen laptop (in France)

Each time its one phone call to Sara, and maybe an email or 2 and the problem is taken care of, no hassle on my part. I could probably find a better price but I'll never find another Sara

She even set the boys up with new agents and made sure they get all the dis&%#*s... The boys still call Sara if they experience problems with their agency

1.  Competent Agent, and Staff
2.  Price

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 02:06 PM »

I also like State Farm.  I could save a little (not much last time I checked), but the risk to me based on the stories that I've heard from friends made it just not worth it.  Don't quote me, but I think there was a $85/year difference which wasn't worth considering to me.

Also, they call me on my birthday and wish me well.  Also, like someone mentioned, I've been working with the same agents for years now and they make everything easy.

-Tom

6 kite tom
kiteman
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 04:35 PM »

The Hartford thru AARP. About 10 years ago I was with American Family, local agent, then tried Hartford. Saved $750 a year. Two cars, house and trailer. Have tried thru the years with different quotes, but no one has come close to this.

Don
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 04:54 PM »

USAA is my choice.....

Same here.........and it was my father's service to the US Navy that gave me the choice.......Rates were 30% cheaper than Allstate when I made the switch fifteen years ago.

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 10:47 PM »

20+ years at State Farm as well.  Covers truck, car and homeowners policies

No issues when claims filed for totaled motorcycle and a car accident.

the*real*stoney
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 04:37 PM »

I was with Allstate in 1958 to 1962 but I switched when I bought a real live 1963 Austin-Healey convertible, fire engine red. I was in the Navy and I called USAA because they were exclusive for the Armed Forces at that time. I've been with them since. If I need to conduct business, I can call them and talk to a real live person and they respond with solid suggestions and, occasionally, they will chat and laugh sometimes but they never have been able to locate that Austin-Healey for me. I would like to own it again. Count the years. Stoney   

AhMayzon

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 10:21 PM »

Also State Farm and have used them for years, auto and homeowners.  Like others, I did a price comparison and found negligible difference, and have never had a problem with them.
red sweater

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 05:46 AM »

but they never have been able to locate that Austin-Healey for me. I would like to own it again.

I read your post three times, trying to figure out what happened to the convertible, in case I missed it. So...what happened?

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Texanpilot
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 02:24 PM »

I guess I'm the odd man out here in using Mercury insurance.
So far, all I've had to do is pay my premiums - no claims.
So I can't comment on their service, but the premiums are competitive.

Steady winds, y'all.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document