GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 04:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solus News  (Read 1935 times)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 04:40 PM »

yessir it will be,
like I said I did change a few things about the kite as well- the things that people like about the tracking and actual flying are still true to the changes, and the tricks are still true to the old model. Should be coming in soon from what Ive seen. Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Devin, I'm glad that you approve of Anthony's mods. If you remember about a year ago, we had messaged back & forth a little about my Solus. This is what evolved, Anthony tried to help me with it over the phone, and he finally just told me to send it to him. I think he got frustrated & didn't believe that I knew how to measure !   Cheesy

So, are you Skyburner guys done kickin' my kite around ? Is it flying home anytime soon ?   Grin
It will be coming back soon Rob.  Jon is cleaning it up a bit for you as well while he has it.

Got to try anthonys changes yesterday and now that I haven seen more of what people reallllly want out of the kite (from feedback at KP) I went with the changes and did a few smaller things myself as well. I think you all will appreciate the changes and enjoy a more accessible kite with improved tracking while keeping all the tricks. There will be a write up and a report on where we're going with this new idea and what it will bring to the Solus series of kites. UL is in progress. I've been cleared to fly on and off after the surgery and now that a looootttt of the bulk of my semester is coming to an end I will be testing more kites and flying more, so please please please if ANYONE has a suggestion of what they want out of the kite or what they would like to see please dont hesitate to message me through here or email me. Keep your eyes pealed- a more tame, accessible, and improved breed of Solus' is on the horizon.   Cool
  Just got the additional changes from Devin yesterday and hopefully there will be wind less than the 15-35 mph I've had here so I can add them into mine and fly.  I'll still work on a instruction set for those that want to add them to their existing solus if Jon and Devin don't beat me to it Smiley
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 06:24 PM »

I'll still work on a instruction set for those that want to add them to their existing solus if Jon and Devin don't beat me to it Smiley

Do the mods include the sewing mods?

I heard that you added material to changed the angle of the nose to leading edge on Rob's kite
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 07:25 PM »

I'll still work on a instruction set for those that want to add them to their existing solus if Jon and Devin don't beat me to it Smiley

Do the mods include the sewing mods?

I heard that you added material to changed the angle of the nose to leading edge on Rob's kite
That particular nose mod I did to my kite first and it didn't work out so well so I came up with a simpler better way.  NOt as pretty but it's effective and doesn't need major sewing skills.  If you can sew a straight line stitch or know someone that can (like me Tongue ) you can do the mod yourself.  Here's a list of what I looked at and changed for the Solus Std set up.  It can all be done yourself without having to send the kite to Jon since there are no major frame or sail changes.  I'll get out the specifics soon as I add Devin's extra refinements to the details.  His trick skills are better than mine so he can see things on that end that I can easily miss.

bridle dimensions (changed all legs)
 Spreaders (shortend upper spreader, lowered center T and lower spreader fittings)
 standoff (lengths slightly longer, new positions)
 Tail weight (now 12g instead of 19)
 Nose fit

WHat Devin added to my changes to help on the trick side
 even shorter upper spreader
 upper spreader rod change
 standoff spreader fitting position changed

This is similar to what led to the Black Mamba that Ken did.  ITs still a Solus just refined Smiley  Still not exactly sure what JOn is planning to do on his end yet though but it will be posted when its time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:55 AM by Ca Ike » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography