I'll still work on a instruction set for those that want to add them to their existing solus if Jon and Devin don't beat me to it
Do the mods include the sewing mods?
I heard that you added material to changed the angle of the nose to leading edge on Rob's kite
That particular nose mod I did to my kite first and it didn't work out so well so I came up with a simpler better way. NOt as pretty but it's effective and doesn't need major sewing skills. If you can sew a straight line stitch or know someone that can (like me
) you can do the mod yourself. Here's a list of what I looked at and changed for the Solus Std set up. It can all be done yourself without having to send the kite to Jon since there are no major frame or sail changes. I'll get out the specifics soon as I add Devin's extra refinements to the details. His trick skills are better than mine so he can see things on that end that I can easily miss.
bridle dimensions (changed all legs)
Spreaders (shortend upper spreader, lowered center T and lower spreader fittings)
standoff (lengths slightly longer, new positions)
Tail weight (now 12g instead of 19)
WHat Devin added to my changes to help on the trick side
even shorter upper spreader
upper spreader rod change
standoff spreader fitting position changed
This is similar to what led to the Black Mamba that Ken did. ITs still a Solus just refined
Still not exactly sure what JOn is planning to do on his end yet though but it will be posted when its time.