GWTW Forum
July 28, 2014, 06:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Very sad thing I found online today...  (Read 2132 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: March 17, 2013, 06:25 PM »

I knew this was coming, but I'm very sad to actually see it. I wish you both the best, Steve & Chris. I want to thank you for helping me up over the years, feeding my addiction. Not only hooking me up with a few kites, but getting me parts for the ones I broke... no matter how difficult a part it was, or how strange of a customer I was.
Smooth winds to you both.
~Rob.

Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Sad news indeed.

Dano
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 08:10 PM »

Sooo Sad!   Cry

reddobie
Trade Count: (+32)

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 08:15 PM »

Yes, Sad.  Thank you for all the help and kites.

Mark

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 11:17 PM »

Hopefully Steve will get back up and running and I know he was talking about it being temporary while he recovered.  Being the off season still and his therapy it makes sense for him to take a break now.  Thanks for everything Steve and keep us posted.
Admin
Administrator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 11:35 PM »

Yes I should clear this up.
I came to the realization this weekend that no matter how spectacular my recovery I will no longer be able to function as I have in the past. This summer I will be moving in with my son and his family down in Sacramento and I am not going to move the business down there. To be honest 11 years is about long enough for a sane person. Wink  I will continue to operate the forum and I will sell a few things through my www.kitekids.net website (mostly Prism).
I also have a bunch of odds and ends that I will be clearing out through the forum mostly parts as well as personal items I need to get rid of.
I would encourage you to help me out and buy things that strike your fancy. Thanks to the generosity of my friends and many members of this community I have been able to survive on a month-to-month basis but it's a long ways to August so I will need to generate some sort of income as neither Chris nor I currently have any income nor have pensions or insurance to help pay the bills. Not whining, just letting know what's going on.
It is been a rare honor and pleasure to have been able to work with such wonderful people these past 11 or so years. Of all the things I have done in my life running GWTW is without a doubt the coolest and I thank you all for the opportunity.

Forum Admin
"It's good to be king"
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 01:20 AM »

All the best Steve.
Hopefully I'll get to know you in person one day and thank you for this forum and for facilitating getting my Soul during my trip to NY a couple of years back.

Again, all the best of luck and health.
Cheers.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 01:27 AM »

Cry

Best wishes Steve.  Let me know if you need anything since we'll soon be neighbors.  Wink

-Mike
trigger

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 11:44 AM »

Thank you for EVERYTHING you've done for the community!!!

best wishes...

we have family in sacramento... If we get out that way i would be honored to share some wind with you Smiley
coop
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Thanks for everything Steve!
Ill be watching out for the stuff you will sell here. Hopefully some cool old school stuff!
I will be needing some skyshark rods to refame an MEFM. Ill hit ya up to see what you have available.

TOTL Hawaiian Spinoff(2), TOTL Hawaiian Team(2), TOTL Windrule, TOTL NSR, HQ Passion, MEFM(Aust.), MEFM vented(Aus), MEFM(2), BMK Mamba, HQ Tramontana, NoNaMe, Stranger, Psycho, Atomic Wedgee, BMK Mantis UL, TOTL Sizzle
kiteman
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 05:04 PM »

Best of luck Steve and Chris. It has been a pleasure doing business with you and chatting the few times we have. Take care of your health and God bless both of you!!!

Don
jwwilson

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 07:01 PM »

I wasn't familiar with Gone with the Wind itself, but you have made a home for a great kiting community here. I'm glad to see that you're keeping it going. I wish you all the best in your future.
King-J

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 07:15 PM »

Cool, Moving to Sac., I'll have to drag you out to some of my flying fields, get you to do some filming for the next entry to the VF contest

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
Stardragon
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 12:24 AM »

I can't say I bought much from you over the years but when I needed/wanted something you were there to help.   I have loved and learned much from the forum and appreciate your efforts here.  I hope your health improves gretly and rapidly.

Ron
lilabner
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 07:35 AM »

I could never thank you enough for all you have done for me over the years. You have taken the time to talk me through tricks, reframes, mods, kite recomendation that would fit my style (U were always right)... Although my progression has been very, very slow compaired to most, I have slowly improved & had nuthing but fun in the process. U & Chris have played a major role in the wonderful trip I have been on the past 12 years. From the bottom of my heart, I thanks you both for EVERYTHING U have done for me.  Cool U two have been the GREAAAAATEST  Cool

As U know Knauss is much shyer than Ol' Abigal. So he sends his luv & thanks though me Wink

Formally known as Abster
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document