GWTW Forum
April 18, 2014, 01:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just my 2 cents  (Read 2621 times)
Bgywrinkle
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 05:33 AM »

An appropiate form, kiteslinger.  Can it be made a forum resource?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:35 AM by Bgywrinkle » Logged

May you be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 06:36 AM »

Good to see that some of you recognize this post for what it really is...   Roll Eyes

Imafloater
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 06:40 AM »

Don’t usually post here just a reader.  As a female and an “old fart” I would ask you to re-think the use of “old fart”  I know that already and certainly don’t want to be reminded.  My career has been working with teenagers (delinquent) and I have tried to introduce kiting to them asI an outlet.  What I find unfortunately is that when I mention “kite” what comes to mind are cheap plastic kites purchased at the local convenience store.  While they come in variety from Spiderman to Dora the Explorer they don’t always fly very well and tend to be tree hunters.  Also, I am hurt by the number of kids that tell me they’ve never flown a kite - where were they.  We have a very small group where I fly but I can say we try very hard to interest people in kiting.  At the park where we fly frequently there are small kids with parents.  As you can imagine the kids all want to try a kite, I always try to get the parent to fly as well.  This has worked a couple of times.  I had the opportunity of flying at what was actually a kite surfing event and managed to generate some interest in 20 somethings with bigger single lines and fighter kites.  Probably no converts but at least some interest. In my humble opinion if more people were aware of the variety in kiting more people would be interested. This is likely sacrilege but I personally prefer single line over stunt kite and get “dogged” for it but to each his own.  I don’t want to work hard either.  No doubt we can do a better job in “marketing”.

Unfortunately. I have to agree that there are a few kiters, VERY FEW, with an attitude that discourage people from joining the community.  Remember at the end of the day it’s a toy.  I’ve been a forum member for several years and over that period of time I’ve never felt insulted by anyone making a intelligent point and have gained an enormous amount of knowledge about kites and kiting from the forum.  I can say there are people on this forum that I would like to consider “friends” and have found that to be true when have met in person at festivals.  Thanks for what seems to be serious concern for expanding kiting, now go fly something and “chill’ for a minute.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography