light winds new kite?????

Pages: (1/5) > >>

Dobo:

Hi I am am looking for some advice on what is the best way to go I have not been flying for so long but I have a quantum and a hypnotist I use the quantum at the cabin when am there and the hypnotist at home but as I have found out you can not always
Depend on the wind as often as not it blows when you are at work but come home and it's just a breeze not enough for my kites to fly I as I was looking to get about a hour a day .The thing is i have got two good training kites which I am happy with but I need a good kite I can use in low wind but I still often take a crash or two so it's has to be able to take some stick but I don't want to end up with 3 or 4 training kites so l am looking for a kite I can grow with probably second hand what should I be looking for or should I just wait for the the wind no kite club here were I live in Norway to try different kites I just have the forum to look to     so hooked on flying if I have to pay for good I will pay  just have to start saving   sul? ul? what should I look for

adx1592:

If its just a breeze, and you're still crashing some, I'd go with a NikNak from skyburner, then maybe move up after you're more comfortable in light winds. The NikNak is a super affordable SUL kite (for an SUL that is, just about 110-125 I think) and flies great. I'd get used to that, and hold onto it, then move up when you're comfortable.

Depending on the Breeze that you're talking about you could even go with a light UL. a UL WidowMaker or Ocius UL/SUL is also extremely well known and well received, and there is also the new Aura from skyburner that will be coming out soon as well, though that is more for Indoor/SUL outdoor winds and is more 'tricky' then the kites previously listed. Steve also just posted a new Prism 3D that is a great indoor kite that you could look into as well, or an HQ Breeze, or shadow. Just trying to think of more affordable options, as it seems like you'd be on the fence of moving up soon anyways.

Also, if you're looking to cut some figures in the sky, and have great pull and solid tracking in .5mph of wind, totally look into the ProDancer SUL. My favorite SUL for the 16 years I've been flying.

Charles P:

I think any "high end" UL or SUL would work good for you. I think the only thing to keep in mind would be that if you plan on doing a lot of different tricks, the lighter the kite, the more limited in the amount of tricks it will perform well.
 For example the Ocius SUL weighs about 4 ounces so it will fly in almost no wind but it has trouble doing pitch manouvers such as roll ups, flic flacs etc.
 I own a Seven SUL which weighs around 8 ounces, flies well in about 1.5-2mph winds but it will do any trick you ask of it.
 As for crashing, you know how you fly better than anyone but in my opinion as long as you are past the stage of continually ramming your kite into the ground, you should be just fine with any kite as with an UL or SUL the wind speeds are much lower and so too are the severity of your crashes.

thief:

Quote from: Dobo on March 19, 2013, 12:33 PM
--
Hi I am am looking for some advice on what is the best way to go I have not been flying for so long but I have a quantum and a hypnotist I use the quantum at the cabin when am there and the hypnotist at home but as I have found out you can not always
Depend on the wind as often as not it blows when you are at work but come home and it's just a breeze not enough for my kites to fly I as I was looking to get about a hour a day .The thing is i have got two good training kites which I am happy with but I need a good kite I can use in low wind but I still often take a crash or two so it's has to be able to take some stick but I don't want to end up with 3 or 4 training kites so l am looking for a kite I can grow with probably second hand what should I be looking for or should I just wait for the the wind no kite club here were I live in Norway to try different kites I just have the forum to look to     so hooked on flying if I have to pay for good I will pay  just have to start saving   sul? ul? what should I look for

--

There is a really good deal here: http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=9395.0;topicseen

Dobo:

Hi it's  good advice  :) but I was thinking I had  to be much more experience flyer before I begin to think about top end kites or is what I have read is wrong may be I should go for a deal  than I have seen
http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12128
Or am I jumping the gun and is this good deal? ??????

Pages: (1/5) > >>