GWTW Forum
April 17, 2014, 10:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: light winds new kite?????  (Read 1747 times)
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 09:08 AM »

Look for a used "Flashlight."
CV

Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are.

madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 10:42 AM »

Hey wait a sec, I've always gotten the impression that the Gemini is a difficult kite to learn on. Not true?

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
DD
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 11:03 AM »

Not true. Given he has other kites he should be fine with a gem. Personally I would go with deepspace over the gem

Sine Metu!
Dobo
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 03:13 PM »

Jegust like to to say that the deal with Gemini's is just about done so I would just say I have think about this and I think that as someone said you cover all the winds with there's kites :Pjust can't wait to get them I read that you should just use one kite til you master it but I sure it more fun trying as many as I can    Grin so that what I intend to do that a look at what I hope is a dun deal http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12128

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:15 PM by Dobo » Logged
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 03:35 PM »

Let us know how you like those kites.
Dobo

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 02:41 AM »

Sure I will is it right what I have read that Gemini's are classed as old school what the difference between old school and new school as the Gemini can do all of the tricks that the new kites can and sum much better so what should be classed as  old school and why. Little confused on this one or is when a kite has so many years of production it becomes old school Roll Eyes?? (
Hadge

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 03:07 AM »

Sure I will is it right what I have read that Gemini's are classed as old school what the difference between old school and new school as the Gemini can do all of the tricks that the new kites can and sum much better so what should be classed as  old school and why. Little confused on this one or is when a kite has so many years of production it becomes old school Roll Eyes?? (

Basically, Old school tricks are mostly rotational tricks - Lazy susan, 540's, slot machines etc.  New School tricks are pitch based tricks - yoyo's, yo-fades etc.  The early Gemini's came out a few years ago and were not as 'pitchy',  they have been redesigned a couple of times since then and the newer Gemini's ( which are what I think you are looking at ) are much more pitch friendly.  They are not on the same level of pitch ability as say the Benson Deepspace or JoE Talon , but still a good all round kite.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 04:34 AM »

I have a new(ish) Gemini, and it rolls up better than most kites. I've never flown the Talon or Deep Space, but my Gem (2010) can out-yoyo every kite in my bag except the Seven. The only trick that is difficult for me on the Gem is anything turtle-based. It's not that it's more difficult to fly, it just requires a special touch. I liked my first one so much, that I got two !

Dobo

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 04:54 AM »

That cleared up a lot for me  now I understand a little more   Wink
bryan beasley

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 11:58 AM »

A Gem in a fade is a joy to behold... and just the best Crazy Copters ever.

Bryan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography