Consensus on "good" kites?
(1/7) > >>
jwwilson:
Hi all.

I'm working on a page on my website where I want to list solid ("good") kites that I can recommend to people that visit, and so far I have 3 "casual" category kites picked out and live on the site, but I am having trouble deciding on the proper ratings for each of the kite attributes I chose. Also, I'm not sure if these 3 are good enough. I plan on expanding to two more categories: "Stunt Kites" and "Wacky Kites". So I have a few questions that I hope you all can help me with:

Does anyone know of any reputable kite review websites?Is there a community consensus on solid kite brands or specific kite builds?ok...only two questions I guess!
For those that want to check out what I have so far, see: http://www.caniflymykite.com/kites
tcope:
That is pretty general. I may like one kite in 4mph winds but another in 10mph. I may like a kite because it can do this, this and this but a different kite because it can do that, that and that. But that is just me. Someone else might not like those kites at all.

I think if there were a consensus that of any kind that we'd only see a handful of kites on the market.
Ca Ike:
Yea thats going to be a tough call.  THere are lots of good kites out there but peoples styles and taste varies so the opinions will too.
thief:
you would have to search out this forum and The Other Place™ and then you might have every single sport kite out there made marked as a favorite for at least one person in one type of wind condition or flying area.....(yes i have preferences of kites in certain locations too...i HATE SAND!)

Every once a couple of years there is someone that tries to do this....usually creates a thread on the forum that is many pages long with some sever distractions and anger......
jwwilson:
Thanks! I definitely understand that there are a ton of different kites and opinions out there, so I'm not looking for the best kites - that is a very personal and opinionated thing as you all mentioned. What I want to do is give suggestions of kites that basically aren't crap (good to great quality) for people that are new to kites and give them some information to make a decision.

There are so many options out there - maybe ultimately narrowing it down to just a few good options of each type ("I want a funny kite! | I want one for my kid! | I want to try a stunt kite!") can help people decide and get into it.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page