TOTL NSR Framing progression

(1/2) > >>

whitebirdlover:
Did the NSR start with the Easton Alu/carbon framing? Does anyone know the progression of framing used for this kite?
Thanks to the repositors of the ancient knowledge... ;)

This is regarding the standard version...

Michel:
Prospar comp. was perhaps the first frame for the North Shore Radical Standard. Then Easton Alu/carbon ( 6 mm & 7 mm), SkyShark 5P no tapered and sometimes Avia G-Force Exel1 no tapered.

Quote from: whitebirdlover on March 29, 2013, 08:21 PM

Did the NSR start with the Easton Alu/carbon framing? Does anyone know the progression of framing used for this kite?

Magpiesfooty:
I have a very early NSR with the two spines, which was of the first series produced and it has Eastons. It was purchased at the national kite convention in Dallas in 1991.   I can't see the Prospars being used before this unless they were used in the prototypes.

Magpiesfooty. 

Quote from: Michel on March 31, 2013, 04:13 AM

Prospar comp. was perhaps the first frame for the North Shore Radical Standard. Then Easton Alu/carbon ( 6 mm & 7 mm), SkyShark 5P no tapered and sometimes Avia G-Force Exel1 no tapered.

Quote from: whitebirdlover on March 29, 2013, 08:21 PM

whitebirdlover:
Quote from: Magpiesfooty on April 07, 2013, 10:52 AM

I have a very early NSR with the two spines, which was of the first series produced and it has Eastons. It was purchased at the national kite convention in Dallas in 1991.   I can't see the Prospars being used before this unless they were used in the prototypes.

Magpiesfooty. 

Is that the one in you avatar picture. If so, I think I have a twin in transit. I was wondering about the spine (two piece with ferrule below lower spreader connector?) We'll see what the delivery reveals... 8)

Magpiesfooty:
Whitebird....

Yes, it is the one pictured.  It was one of the very first of this design pattern assymetrical production NSR's

Actually the top part of the spine was interchangable... you had two spars for the spine included, one for very light winds and one for stiffer winds... Never used the lighter one and it was cannibalized for a spreader at some time or another.   It has the gold colored "4 way" T-fitting. 

Magpiesfooty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page