GWTW Forum
August 21, 2014, 11:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 1875 times)
np
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: April 12, 2013, 11:39 AM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:04 PM by np » Logged
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:22 PM »

Well. I can't buy tricking ability, but at least now I can buy the straps. I'm glad you made what I presume is a mutually beneficial deal to make them accessible.

The write-up is good. And frankly, everywhere I looked for decent straps didn't actually carry any, so competition is scarce. But that picture (in the store) isn't doing the straps justice.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
trigger

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 04:11 PM »

Glad to hear it. Not that i can t win them... just that they are on the market

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 04:14 PM »

Great news Norm!

Hope you will still post your challanges from time to time. You are making me a better flyer.

Still need to complete that AVFFF and the double AVFFF.
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 08:52 AM »

Personally I would see no issue with you offering straps up for challenges even with the being sold via a web site....why would that matter? In fact it would only generate more interest......

Good to see that they are up in the public eye!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 10:02 AM »

Personally I would see no issue with you offering straps up for challenges even with the being sold via a web site....why would that matter? In fact it would only generate more interest......

Good to see that they are up in the public eye!

agreed

Krijn
Charles P

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 04:06 PM »

Norm,

I got to try out the straps you sent me a couple of days ago, they are sweeeet!!   Grin

Well, I hope you keep posting challenges and I was wondering if you are going to take orders for straps or do we need to buy them from the stores that you have supplied?
  I need to know because I think I want a pair of your wrist straps as well.

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 04:50 PM »

I CAN NOT believe what they're charging for those straps, I would pay 3X that. The straps are that good. I'm going to have to chase down some wrist straps for my standard kites. The finger straps are EXCELLENT for light wind flying, I've mothballed all my other light wind straps and only use the Norm Straps !

Charles P

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 06:37 PM »

I CAN NOT believe what they're charging for those straps, I would pay 3X that. The straps are that good. I'm going to have to chase down some wrist straps for my standard kites. The finger straps are EXCELLENT for light wind flying, I've mothballed all my other light wind straps and only use the Norm Straps !

I have not seen the pricing on these RobB but I agree with you, they are the best straps I've ever had and considering that, I would pay more to get a pair of these. Norm does make a mean set of straps!! 
 I just started using mine and they are replacing all of my older straps!! Hence my question about the wrist straps.

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
trigger

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 08:11 PM »

I just called Jon t about some bulk line yesterday. Realized i need some straps too. Guess i know which ones i will get now Smiley
  As far as the prize straps go... i will find and buy your straps in the next week or so. However, being a kite geek myself i will still try to win a set and those will be an extra special set to me.  I think your point is valid about undermining the sales from stores, so that decision should be based on your relationship with the owners.  After all the positive feedback from "winners" i am inclined to buy some so that point is also valid.
If they feel it undermines the sale... I'll settle for an autographed napkin with a hint of spaghetti sauce as a prize if i ever win! Cool

thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 05:15 AM »

THIS IS IN REFERENCE TO TO GIVING AWAY STRAPS FOR TRICK CHALLENGES

1. I respect and appreciate the opinions of almost everybody in here.
2. I try my best to "put the shoe on the other foot" before I do something.
3. I didn't think it would be right to sell Jon & Marieanne 24 pair of 3-finger
    straps and then give straps away for "trick challenges". For every pair I
    give away, just maybe Jon & Marieanne could have sold them, which was
    the reason I sold the straps to them in the first place.
4. So, Rob (thief) had I sold you 24 pair of straps you wouldn't have minded me giving
    away straps you could have in all likely hood sold?
5.  Maybe I should ask what Jon & Marieanne think about it, after all, they are the ones
    that purchased them from me. They just might say: If you would quit giving them
    away we could sell them and then buy another batch from you, Norm.
6. I would like to hear the opinions of others. Maybe I would change my mind. I do like
    the idea of the "trick challenges" and encouraging Beginners with a free pair of straps.
    I don't have a problem making straps.
7. I guess I'm just a kite geek/weirdo and always think back asswards.  Cheesy  Huh

I would not take any offense in you giving some straps away if I had bought some to resell......how could I?
That is your call......same thing as Scott Hampton giving away a Cypod while I have them for sale...the shop has no say in that.....

I see that you are setting up these challenges to help kites push themselves to learn new things.....that is a fricken awesome.....would not like to see that go away......I think that the value of these challenges is huge!

whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 07:13 AM »

While, perhaps not a "huge" factor, I believe straps as "trick challenge" awards are not out of line and, would help promote awareness of the fine product being produced. Knowing the straps are available to purchase and where to buy them was a mystery to me in the past. Having now had to good fortune to acquire a set of each style, I'm waiting for the back to back snow, sleet, rain storms to pass and give us some spring breezes to break 'um in and experience that " Cheesiness  Wink " first hand.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Anthony
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 08:09 AM »

Norms trick challenge sponsored by jon t where these straps can be purchased. I think that solves it.

Sine Metu!
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 09:57 AM »

The challenges are huge in my opinion because no one else has done anything like them!   
You get a lot if respect from me for them!

trigger

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 05:25 PM »

Did he retire after finding his $3.20(?). I wad wondering about him too....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document