GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 04:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RC Helicopter Video  (Read 1113 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: April 06, 2013, 04:20 PM »

View full screen for best results.

SkyMotion Video - Tourism Partnership of Niagara - For HLP +Partners - 2012 on Vimeo

Big brother is watching everything.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:05 PM »

That is too cool. I need one of those !

DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 07:59 PM »

8 rotors! Huh
that is a very neat video!

Sine Metu!
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:26 PM »

https://vimeo.com/63296294

funny you bring this up...

Here is my first try at this with my DJI phantom.
no gimbal or first person view yet, but thats in the works to get rid of jitters.

kirby
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:17 AM »

That was great.

Saw a sweet rig the other day on youtube with one motor and variable pitch rotors. Wayyyyy more responsive flight characteristics. Nutty aerobatics.
oldflyer
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 01:25 PM »

Superb!!!  Smiley
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 05:17 AM »

G'day GWTW'ers,

I've been 'kite lurking' for way to long of late, I've been flying the Talon a bit more recently (Even did a little demoing at our local Kite Festival).... but John, you found a vid of what has become my latest possessive muse  Shocked

This is what I've been learning to build and fly for over the last 12 months+, being i knew nothing about RC or electronics or video transmitting its been a very steep learning curve. I've now built 5+ aircraft of various forms and have been getting little sleep because of it, but anyway... heres a few little vids of what we call 'FPV' and others call 'drones'

This is my little quad
PP_Gaps flying on Vimeo

And this is an oldie from one of my planes
Back To The Farm FPV on Vimeo

I promise Gimbal calmness will be the next phase but I had to learn how to fly first  Wink

Shannon Smiley

Kepople, my internet is playing up but I've got it for 'watch later' Smiley that DJI Phantom is awesome as a full PnP unit, and I've flown a few NAZA based coters and they're some of the nicest flying birds I know. Keep it one piece for as long as you can Wink I break way to much of this stuff to have a ' nice one' Wink

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:33 AM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
glk47
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 06:50 PM »

Hey Shannon -

Looks like you've progressed (?) a bit since you introduced us to FPV a year or so ago. I don't remember copters being in the picture then. I seem to recall you were still rebuilding crashed fixed wing planes.

Larry (& Nancy)
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Hi Larry and Nancy Smiley,

I was wandering down Hardware lane just the other day and fondly remembered our most pleasant evening of conversation Smiley The copters were my 3rd steep learning curve ( & oh sooo many broken props  Roll Eyes), Funnily enough the 'walk of shame/contemplation' is also a big part of this past time also Grin

Did you introduce your colleague to this little addiction? Some big improvements to tech over the last 12 months have fortunately made the leaning curve a little less steep of late Wink.

Kepople, what a great place to fly, I still get butterflies when I'm flying over water, my first plane took a dip in the ocean, frame lived but all electronics fried  Sad

Looks like you have that Phantom pretty well dialed in, how long have you been playing with MR's? Oh and descending through rotor wash will always be a bit wobbily, ad a bit of forward to get some clean air and it will smooth it out quite a bit. I've sub'ed, and am looking forward to following your progression  Cool

S.

WinterDaze AoF
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 10:07 AM »

actually when I saw the phantom,  that was it. I purchased it about a month ago now, and thats also how long I have been in to MR's.
I have been flying RC for many years though, however the phantom is a really easy bird to fly.

Next up I am going to build the QAV540 which will have an integrated gimbal and can handle FPV for better video composition.

The real problem with this stuff is no one seems to have everything in stock at the same time. Hence why I started with the Phantom. It was all in one box, and it works.

look forward to more vids from you. I am on RCGroups as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change