North Shore VIP or ???

(1/6) > >>

Flying Fish:
Flew a kite today which was sold to the owner as a North Shore VIP

Now the North Shore VIPs that we're flying with the team have less venting:

In our VIPs, one of the triangular panels is vented, whereas in the one we flew today, in addition to the triangular panel, the trailing edge panel and an additional 'band' is vented. So which of the two is the VIP, and what is the other called?

Magpiesfooty:
It does not look  like an original to me.  I have a single stripe VIP and the top pictured kite has too much venting for an original. The correct venting is like the lower kite. The two striped models looked sharp in certain color schemes including the neon schemes. TOTL did do some custom sails, however.  Later models could look like this one, but I would be quite skeptical that this one would be an original.  I could be wrong.

Magpiesfooty

Quote from: Flying Fish on April 07, 2013, 09:14 AM

Flew a kite today which was sold to the owner as a North Shore VIP

Now the North Shore VIPs that we're flying with the team have less venting:

In our VIPs, one of the triangular panels is vented, whereas in the one we flew today, in addition to the triangular panel, the trailing edge panel and an additional 'band' is vented. So which of the two is the VIP, and what is the other called?

whitebirdlover:
The panel layout looks more like an NSR, and the geometry seems different unless that's just the angle of the kite in the photo...

Ca Ike:
I have to agree with whitebird.  The first one looks like a custom vented radical not an extreme. THe aspect ratio is different as well as the nose.  I've seen a few vented radicals done in a similar fasion for really high winds in the 20-35 range.

Flying Fish:

the geometry seems different unless that's just the angle of the kite in the photo...

The kite in the second picture is leaning back a bit more than the kite in the first picture, but I didn't do any measuring to see if they actually differ in aspect ratio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page