GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 12:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prism has a newsletter?!?  (Read 7849 times)
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2013, 04:29 PM »

What i never understand is if something isn't for you, is a need to disparage it or those who find enjoyment in something.

Its not a surprise anymore, just something I've come to accept I'll never comprehend about human behavior.

I reckon his dogs made him type it ..... they look shifty  Roll Eyes
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2013, 04:34 PM »

This is almost as much fun as the Gemini/Elixir battles on the old Forum.

Nice one Harvey.

JW's dogs do look kind of shifty.  Cheesy

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2013, 04:37 PM »

What i never understand is if something isn't for you, is a need to disparage it or those who find enjoyment in something.

Its not a surprise anymore, just something I've come to accept I'll never comprehend about human behavior.

I'll never comprehend people that have to take stupid joking around kite talk seriously. Theres always forum folks looking for something to get offended over.   Roll Eyes I wasn't even trying to troll... You should have been here in the good old days when I got banned once a week.
harveystubbs

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2013, 04:40 PM »

I'll never comprehend people that have to take stupid joking around kite talk seriously. Theres always forum folks looking for something to get offended over.   Roll Eyes I wasn't even trying to troll... You should have been here in the good old days when I got banned once a week.

Did you have the dogs back then? Maybe we can isolate the problem  Undecided
John Welden

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2013, 04:41 PM »

This is almost as much fun as the Gemini/Elixir battles on the old Forum.

Nice one Harvey.

JW's dogs do look kind of shifty.  Cheesy

Dude, not even close. Gem - Elixir battles can't be beat other than maybe kite bag design battles.  Cheesy

My dogs are super shifty. They're only super ultra high strung and will panic if you drop a pin onto the carpet.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:45 PM by John Welden » Logged
John Welden

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2013, 04:44 PM »

Did you have the dogs back then? Maybe we can isolate the problem  Undecided

Nope, no dogs or wife back then.  There is no problem to isolate, I'm a recovered master troller.
coop
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2013, 04:54 PM »

Craig,

The videos show those kites doing excellent combos.

I maintain that those same pilots could take a

Nirvana
Quantum Pro
Deep Space
etc

and do the same tricks with the same combos.

I very much doubt it, none of the above kites can Cynique, I've certainly never seen one anyway.

The kites you mention are still good kites, I've not said otherwise, and individually they can still do most tricks, but it's the speed of transition between tricks that make the newer ones more interesting. The combos are slicker and smoother with less set-up needed for each trick.

And one has to wonder if stunt kites have really changed all that much in the past 10 years or so. If you were to look at an all black version of 10 different kites from a distance I would bet you couldnt tell them apart. The sail shapes are very similar. So what design feature do these new kites have that make them perform so differently?

You'd be amazed what moving a stand-off half an inch inboard or outboard makes,  it's the difference between a trick being possible or not.

I agree with the standoff position making a difference. But I don't think it's revolutionary.
John Welden

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Specific reference was neither stated nor intended in my comment. Neither am I offended. it would be a mistake to overestimate ones influence.

Thanks for clearing that up. Super important.
Ace

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2013, 05:18 PM »

Is it any wonder that most decent flyers have moved on to other forums....
I see you haven't moved on.  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Clearly I have, as I have only posted twice in the last 18 months or so and one time I was highly critical about the testing regime of a forum favorites kite and the other time was highly critical of the forum itself.

In respect to the whole AVFFF rubbish.....well you guys were warned early on that it was very much a discussion amongst the naive. So contributing to that drivel would have been just embarrassing.

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
Ace

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2013, 05:31 PM »

[/quote]

I'm not taking it personally, I was just asking a question.  I didn't even know you aren't American.  I was only trying to understand what makes the QP outdated. Which tricks it can't do.   I figured you'd know since you have really strong opinions about it.
[/quote]

You always seem to bring up this point when someone points out the age of the QP. I'll make it simple..... the QP is outdated because..........

it has no covered leading edges just antiquated glider bars.
No snag free nose.
Poor weight system
outdated bridle
and the center t needs improving.
No Icarex sail.
Crappy yo yo stoppers.

All of which could be improved with minor changes in a MarkII version if Prism wanted.

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
red sweater

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Is it any wonder that most decent flyers have moved on to other forums....
I see you haven't moved on.  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Clearly I have, as I have only posted twice in the last 18 months or so and one time I was highly critical about the testing regime of a forum favorites kite and the other time was highly critical of the forum itself.

In respect to the whole AVFFF rubbish.....well you guys were warned early on that it was very much a discussion amongst the naive. So contributing to that drivel would have been just embarrassing.

So, what forum should I be visiting, where there's so much more knowledge? If it's so terrible here and so great there, I'd like to check it out and judge for myself.

Plus, I can only take vertigo's smileys for so long. Wink

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
dayhiker

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2013, 06:02 PM »

Wow!  Shocked me with the six pages guys.  I think I'll buy that Prism banner now after all.  Us newbies like Zephyrs because it was the first decent kite we bought.  It was the first time I knew what a better kite could feel like.  And even better, we could walk into a store & buy one.  Someday I might be good enough to become jaded.  I even bought a back up Zephyr.  Also flying a QP and got the weight set despite the Fractured review.  Or perhaps I'll just fly my old school Revs.  I know it's always comes down to the flyer but each purchase is new hope.

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
John Welden

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2013, 06:12 PM »

Wow!  Shocked me with the six pages guys.  I think I'll buy that Prism banner now after all.  Us newbies like Zephyrs because it was the first decent kite we bought.  It was the first time I knew what a better kite could feel like.  And even better, we could walk into a store & buy one.  Someday I might be good enough to become jaded.  I even bought a back up Zephyr.  Also flying a QP and got the weight set despite the Fractured review.  Or perhaps I'll just fly my old school Revs.  I know it's always comes down to the flyer but each purchase is new hope.

Where is the Fractured review?  I gotta see that lol.
dayhiker

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2013, 06:28 PM »

Whoops, it wasn't fractured after all.  It was by some clique member out there somewhere.

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
indigo_wolf

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2013, 06:32 PM »

Wow!  Shocked me with the six pages guys.

Especially as the original post was about an online newsletter for whick a link was posted on facebook.   

Somedays it just doesn't matter if you remembered to leave gasoline and Semtex at home.   Undecided

ATB,
Sam
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum