GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 11:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who invented the Comet trick ?????  (Read 3247 times)
randyg
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 04:10 PM »

Some flail I guess but if you keep your hands at your side and pull straight back it's really just alternating inputs in a syncopated rhythm.

Four months to learn it. Uh, well I'll not mention how long it took me. But, once I got it, I got it.  Cheesy Wink Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 04:48 PM »

does anyone have video of a torpille being done?
i've never seen it done and have only read text descriptions, sounds interesting though.

Fdeli
Adicakes
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 05:58 PM »

Hang tight, I'm planning on putting some torpilles in the next SoH video I do.  It'll be a Gemini video.
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 06:26 PM »

friggin awesome cause i've been rewatching your two other soh videos and man, the flyin is crazy good  Huh, and to me, very creative.

one thing though, be sure to include your name in them. on the two i have there's no flyin credits.

Fdeli
CTaylor
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 05:48 AM »

does anyone have video of a torpille being done?
i've never seen it done and have only read text descriptions, sounds interesting though.

Here's a short video of the Torpille, I made a few years ago.

Torpille?

The trick starts from a downward angle with an axel input on the wing that is high.  The second input is with the opposite hand and you just give gentle input to pull the kite around for the next input.  Repeat...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:51 AM by CTaylor » Logged

CTaylor
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 06:10 AM »

Also learning the Comete wasn't too bad for me.  I struggled with it like anyone but once I understood what was actually happening it wasn't so bad.  Believe it or not the first kite I ever did it on was a mamba I was test flying in low wind.  It was really slow but after that I was able to speed it up on a QP.  Here's my tips to help you learn.

Start out learning a two input half axel at a upward 45-60 degree angle.  So you're flying up in a line. angle like this \ or this /.  Then half axel and head towards the ground trying to keep on that same angle, 180 degrees from your starting path.  Once you have that down and you can do it with your eyes closed move onto the second half of the trick.

This is definitely the harder section of the trick.  Fly downward on that same angled direction, then axle input the lower wing. and quickly pull the kite around 180 degrees with the opposite hand.  This should be a softer pull input.  The first input will have to be fairly abrupt to dump the wind out of the sail.  If you're late on the second input, you'll end up in a turtle.  If you're early the kite will nose plant or not rotate 180 degrees like a half axle.   This also makes a great way to go into a sharp tip stab if your timing is correct and you're close enough to the ground.

Next try flying the kite on an angle towards the top of the window and do the first trick.  Then let the kite correct and start flying and do the second trick.  After you do that a few times and it works close the gap between the first and second trick by speeding up the timing between the two.   You should notice a rhythm to the whole thing when you link them together in a chain.  This won't be something that'll be easy to learn but it'll give you a better feel of what is actually going on.

Jest_of_Eve
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 02:11 PM »

Some flail I guess but if you keep your hands at your side and pull straight back it's really just alternating inputs in a syncopated rhythm.

Four months to learn it. Uh, well I'll not mention how long it took me. But, once I got it, I got it.  Cheesy Wink Shocked Roll Eyes Tongue

Yeah but Randy you went on to make an instructional video about how to do it. That takes balls! I think it's the one trick I couldn't teach people how to do!

BTW..Randyz vidz rox. That is all.

Mark

http://www.jestofevekites.com
http://www.justin.tv/jest_of_eve

The Talon colourizer will increase your sex-drive and save the world from climate change and pixies!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document