GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 12:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bring it back!  (Read 1496 times)
firecsi
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: April 12, 2013, 11:58 AM »

Bring it back! I don't know what happen to GWTW kite chat, but its time to bring it back. I remember spending the day in chat meeting good people and learning a lot about kiting.

If you use to enjoy chat and want to see it come back log in and stay a while. For those of you that are new to GWTW forum it is a good way to get right now information on every thing kites.

Today is Friend April 12th 2013 I am going to login to chat and i will be on every day for one month to see if we can bring it back!

Take care and see you there.  Cool

Tobie

I live, I fly, I am
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14 AM »

Yeah chat has been real slow, hardly ever anybody in there since Anthony quit hanging out. I did notice when I logged in a while back others dropped in. Guess it's sort of that "If you build it they will come" thing. I'll watch for you and drop in to keep you company, hope others will too. It really is an under used feature of "The Forum",

Us old chat room folks never grade spelling & punctuation or typing speed, we learned long ago to interpret that and follow multiple conversations and time zones back in those AOL days so don't be shy.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:33 AM »

I did pop in after reading the thread and chatted with 2 others

for a few minutes. Didn't hurt a bit.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:23 AM »

I did pop in after reading the thread and chatted with 2 others

for a few minutes. Didn't hurt a bit.  Smiley

Yes, I was there and I got a great tip from Chilese on software for adjusting digital pictures!   Smiley

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 09:18 AM »

I didn't know what it was. I thought it was for private conversations. When I saw one logged in I thought it was a software delay, like saying someone is on the forum but updates the status 5 minutes later. I'll have try it when I get a chance because my flying Time is going  to be odd hours.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 09:46 AM »

It would help if there was some sort of bigger icon or something. It's so small my old eyes just don't notice it when there's activity. I was in there a couple of times a few years ago but it never became enough of a habit. A bigger number or just something like "Chat is Active".

I suppose now that I've written this I'll look at the existing display more often.  Roll Eyes

Allen, AKA kitehead
david barnby
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 02:27 PM »

what/where is gwtw chat?
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 02:36 PM »

Toward the right, next to logout.

Make sure the STYLE button is set to CORE.

[attachment deleted by admin]

firecsi
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 06:49 PM »

Sorry I dropped the ball. We close our kite shop and I have been busy stuffing every thing in storage. lol

Tobie

I live, I fly, I am
John Welden

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 01:25 PM »

I just checked out the chat and no one is there.  Cry I NEED to talk kites...
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 02:11 PM »

Okay, I'm there. Hurry.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document