Rolling Beauty
<< < (2/2)
Ca Ike:
Quote from: Krijn on April 18, 2013, 12:26 AM

I've done that a LOT with my Talons (and other kites with rollbars).
Should it have a name??

Krijn

It did at one time.  YOu don't need roll bars to do it either but it makes it a lot easier if you have them.  IIRC at one time the rising fade was done from a fade launch or from the sleeping beauty position.  Just pop the lines hard like a dead launch even without rollbars and you can fade launch.
JayDee:
Quote from: John Welden on April 17, 2013, 08:59 PM

I don't really understand what you're doing.

Sorry about the poor video quality.  Another sub-optimal shot can be seen at 2:35 in an older video:

Pulling Strings at Shoreline

I am not surprised.  Anyone who has given a Talon or Deep Space more than a short spin must have been in the sleeping beauty position.  And the rollbars very efficiently prevent the spin for the sleeping beauty recovery.  Correct me if I am wrong, but the only alternative you have is pulling the tail up for a cartwheel or a pop-up launch, depending on the wind.  So if you, of all people, would not have come up with something more elegant  ;)

Should it have a name??

Of course, much like the sleeping beauty, cascades or fade!  Naming moves makes communication so much easier.

Quote from: Ca Ike on April 18, 2013, 01:24 AM

It did at one time.  YOu don't need roll bars to do it either but it makes it a lot easier if you have them.  IIRC at one time the rising fade was done from a fade launch or from the sleeping beauty position.  Just pop the lines hard like a dead launch even without rollbars and you can fade launch.

What was the name at one time then?  I, too, seem to recall a video where this was done on a kite without rollbars.  Was it a Fearless, possibly flown by Grandmaster Lam himself?
harveystubbs:

Should it have a name??

Krijn

Yep .... a recovery  8)
Ca Ike:
Quote from: harveystubbs on April 18, 2013, 03:56 PM

Should it have a name??

Krijn

Yep .... a recovery  8)

Hehe :)
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page