GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 04:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dramatic Talon Trailer  (Read 1843 times)
JayDee
Trade Count: (0)

« on: April 21, 2013, 09:52 PM »

Played around with iMovie a little.  Surprising what you can do with a few video clips and a decently made template.  Fifteen, twenty years ago, this would probably have been considered impressive.   Tongue

Dramatic Talon Trailer

Enjoy!

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
WolvenX
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 10:47 PM »

Now we need to start a kite saga trilogy  "The Talon Chronicles"  Smiley

You can either fly or die, personally I'll fly!!!

Kites: x2 Jazz; x2 Microns; Quantum; Zephyr; Ozone; Alien; Illusion 2K; E2; E3; Redback (hold the line Kites); Silver Fox (vented) Talon & Iridium on the way !!!
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 05:00 AM »

Excellent! Great! Beautiful!  Shocked
I want the full motion picture not only the trailer!
When is it coming out?

I'm glad I have a Talon
Smiley

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 05:46 AM »

this is the movie (mine)

just kidding, but it is a long kite-movie with some nice locations and some nice tricks

https://vimeo.com/14458963
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 06:34 AM »

at :21 with the talon at 45 degrees climbing, just before the fade... that should be a cover shot for a article...
beautiful place.

Nice work on the video... makes me want to pull my talon out next time.
JayDee

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23 AM »

this is the movie (mine)

just kidding, but it is a long kite-movie with some nice locations and some nice tricks

Krijn, your movie is _the_ classic anyway.  Great flying in gorgeous landscapes!  And even though I think I have made quite some progress lately, you are a much better pilot  Lips sealed

Too bad the scenery here in Nova Scotia is so picturesque, but the winds are rarely any good.  A lot of the time, you would need two or three kites set up with lines, so you can switch quickly enough once the wind drops or picks up.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:55 PM by JayDee » Logged

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 12:07 PM »

this is the movie (mine)

Yes, really nice Krijn. I had seen it some time ago and have enjoyed doing so again.

HOWEVER, I just discovered you have betrayed the Talons!  Huh  Shocked  You have sold them off!  Angry

So I don't know if you should be posting in this thread   Angry
 Wink  Wink   Wink

Now seriously. Did you really sell all your Talons? If so, why?!

Moreover, if so, why didn't you tell me?!  Cry

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Krijn

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 12:34 PM »

thanks both

i've sold all my four (!) talons... yes... i just didn't fly them anymore, and that did hurt me
i've got a lot of other kites, but i think my (five) TNT's have replaced the talons
sorry i didn't tell you (it was almost a year ago)

by the way, i really liked watching the trailer
and the colors on your talon are great and very different!

Krijn
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 08:00 PM »

Have any of you ever flown a "Widow Maker" either a std. or ul Huh
If so what was your experience ??
You all seem to like the "Talon" and after flying one today. I am trying to compare it to a "Widow Maker" ... I am searching for someone else who has flown both kites ...

Feed Back................

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 08:44 PM »

Have any of you ever flown a "Widow Maker" either a std. or ul Huh
If so what was your experience ??
You all seem to like the "Talon" and after flying one today. I am trying to compare it to a "Widow Maker" ... I am searching for someone else who has flown both kites ...

Feed Back................

Apples and oranges. neither is better, just different.

Talon is a smaller kite. Threfore tricks faster (also loves to rollup) and flows well between combos.

The widowmaker is a full size. Has the feel and control of a larger kite. It tricks slow and gracefull making anyone look good. Including me.  Cheesy

The Talon UL does not fly as low as the WM UL. To me it is more like a light standard. Needs more wind but can trick like a standard. The WM UL trickability is limited by its lack of mass. The WM UL weakest point is it roll up ability where the Talon UL rolls up better that any other UL I own.

The question which is a better fit for you or the wind speed. I guess that is why I own and fly both.  Wink

Just me two cents Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:05 PM by Wayner » Logged
JayDee

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 09:21 PM »

@Ara, kepople and Krijn: Thanks for the flowers!  I am glad you like the vid and the colors.

@Vertigo: I agree with Wayner:  Completely different beasts.  See my thread-starting post here: http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=9271.0.  As for me, I instantly connected with the Talon.  So much so that after three years the Talon standard is still my favorite kite, and I default to it whenever I can't get something done on another kite.  My Widow Makers (Std and UL) and my newly acquired Solus are well-loved, too, but they all took quite a bit longer to grow on me -- the Solus is actually still in the process, but we have already found a common language  Grin

Since you have both WMs and Soluses, i'd warmly recommend you try a Talon.  Quite sure you will like it.  That said, Krijn has given up his Talons for TNTs -- and that has to be for a reason.  Personally, I have not flown a TNT yet.

@Everyone:  For those of you who liked the Talon Trailer, I have made another trailer with my new Solus: http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=9576.0.  Next in line is the Spy Template in iMovie.  Suggestions welcome...

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 06:18 AM »

I found the Talon to be easy to fly.  Yes it rolls up and Fades.. The trouble came in low wind.  You can see while I fly the Talon I have to walk backwards to keep flying.  That kept happening while I flew it.  When I flew the Widow Maker no problem with low wind.  I even had one more bridle adjustment if needed.  Have to wait for a couple more mph to test her one more time.  She can Fade,,,

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
WolvenX
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 04:53 PM »

Ok I give in.  Pardon my ignorance but what does the abbreviation TNT stand for?   Huh

You can either fly or die, personally I'll fly!!!

Kites: x2 Jazz; x2 Microns; Quantum; Zephyr; Ozone; Alien; Illusion 2K; E2; E3; Redback (hold the line Kites); Silver Fox (vented) Talon & Iridium on the way !!!
JayDee

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 06:29 PM »

Ok I give in.  Pardon my ignorance but what does the abbreviation TNT stand for?   Huh

No need to apologize.  How would you know?  Here is a (self-explanatory) picture: http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=6709.msg59502#msg59502.  I seem to recall a video by Krijn, but I don't find it right now.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:22 PM by JayDee » Logged

Krijn

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 12:04 AM »

http://vimeo.com/search?q=krijn+hemminga+tnt

Grin Grin

http://www.alphakites.de/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum