GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 12:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for kite making fabric?  (Read 635 times)
tommymcmillan
Trade Count: (+14)

« on: April 24, 2013, 02:44 PM »

I would like to make my first kite something for a beginer and,I need to find the supplies i'll need any suggestions on where to start looking for the following..
1. sail fabric
2. needles(will I need more than one size??)
3 double sided tape
4. thread
5. mylar
6. nose webbing,leading edge fabric
7. **THE MOST IMPORTANT:A KITE PLAN**
Thank you,
kiteslinger
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 05:22 PM »

every thing you'll need

http://www.kitebuilder.com/kitestudio.html
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 05:27 PM »

If you don't mind the probable wait... and wait... and wait...

Just a warning in case it happens.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 06:07 PM »

If you don't mind the probable wait... and wait... and wait...

Just a warning in case it happens.

I was going to order some additional materials from KB.com... are they that slow to fulfill an order placed?
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 06:41 PM »

There are other places as well that carry what you need...goodwinds and skyburner's shop both have everything!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:21 PM »

I was going to order some additional materials from KB.com... are they that slow to fulfill an order placed?
It's hit or miss. Steve is cutting down on his stock. You won't know if he has it in stock or not. If it's not in stock or he's just not home, you sit for days without knowing and the order just sits there. This does not happen all of the time. But you never know when. Many people state they get their orders send within a day or two. Others complain that it can be weeks.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 07:27 PM »

There are other places as well that carry what you need...goodwinds and skyburner's shop both have everything!

Yes, that's where I've been shopping for now.  I'm open to any other places and always willing to try a new shop.  I'm still looking for some good pricing on AirX 500 and color selection.
nckiter
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 07:51 PM »

Ordered many times frm KB and never had a problem. I have always called my orders in and placed them with Steve.  No one shop carries everything any more so shop it out but also consider S&H costs. Sometimes it is more cost effective to pay a little more for an item or two but save bigger with a single S&H charge.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 12:17 AM »

Yes, that's where I've been shopping for now.  I'm open to any other places and always willing to try a new shop.  I'm still looking for some good pricing on AirX 500 and color selection.
Airx 500 isn't easily attainable and only comes in 3 colors  red white and blue.  I keep in touch with bainbridge and they don't make much at a time since it isn't that popular.  The 600 and 700 are just as good and not much heavier. Very few places stock airx and those are only specialty sail shops that , with a bit of begging, might sell you a yard or two.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography