Into The Wind 12 and 16 Delta
(1/3) > >>
Michel:
Hi all,

Im looking for a good lifter for low and middle winds.

I wish to hang on this kite one or 2 inflatables about 3-4 meters long.

I have seen these two (nice) deltas from Into the Wind :

1 Direct link removed. Il Duce.

2 Direct link removed. Il Duce.

What would be the best choice for me ?

Do you know or own one of these kites ?

Does the 16-ft Sweet 16 not pulling like a truck ?

Thanks in advance for your help and your advices.

madhabitz:
The 12ft kite is as big a kite as I, personally, can handle. I just don't have the strength to deal with more pull. I can hold onto the 12ft size in pretty big winds until I can tie it up. I can also deal with getting it down. The 16ft kite is so tempting, though, isn't it? Bigger is always better, eh?;D

Both of these kites are really cool, go up in much less wind than you would expect and are rock solid in the sky. They just plant themselves up there. Trust Into The Wind's kite descriptions- if they give cautionary advice, it's worth heeding.

Nancy
Michel:

1 Direct link removed. Il Duce.

2 Direct link removed. Il Duce.

Sorry John, but I dont agree !

Prism kites, The Kite Shoppe, Into The Wind and some others are GWTWs partners and links to these kiteshops/kitesbuilders are allowed by Steve Hall, boss of the GWTW kiteshop and forum.

You have just to ask him !

Have a look please on the right of this page, youll find the ITW link !

That's funny, what does it mean ?

I respect the forum rules, you too please !
MtnFlyer:
Hi Michel,

I'd say that depends a lot on what inflatables you're thinking of flying with the deltas.

Are they also kites (providing lift) and just being guided by the delta's line (acting as a pilot), or are they just line laundry? Do they create a lot of drag (clown fish) or do they not (worms). The more drag you put on the flying line with laundry, the more lift you'll want from the kite. That usually means the larger the kite.

I have the Sweet 16 and it's a very nice flyer. It'll lift quite a bit.

Since you're talking line laundry, I presume you'll be anchoring your kite. I anchor almost all the SLKs I fly and put them up in groups.

Hope that helps.
Michel:
Many thanks for your answer MtnFlyer !  ;)

Quote from: MtnFlyer on April 26, 2013, 11:29 AM

Hi Michel,

I'd say that depends a lot on what inflatables you're thinking of flying with the deltas.

For example, Martin Lester 4 m Scuba Diver, Rolf Zimmermann 3 m Eule, CiM turbines 5 -> 7.5 m, Peter Lynn Teddy Bear 3 m,...
Navigation
Message Index
Next page