GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 11:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new ADXs SUL - Air One kite -  (Read 3660 times)
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 07:02 PM »

BTW when and where will this kite be available?
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 07:08 AM »

Andre,
hotstuff there.
Never been a real fan of blue in kites until NOW!
Hot kites,great video,brilliant flying,thanks.
                                      Tongue
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 09:35 AM »

How much does the kite weigh Huh Oz. and grams ??

Embarrassed

Huh I do not know???

Why the weight would be important? The lightness is not fundamental in the flight for a Sul. The objective is to practis a hard freestyle by very small wind i think. No?

Cordialy

For an SUL, yes, I'd say weight is very important. For the curious minds that are wondering, myself included now, what is it?

Love the video!  Tongue

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 09:36 AM »

Ok another potentially stupid question. in the video is says 'sul premium.' is there a straight sul and a premium model too, or is it just that one version?

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 10:55 AM »

The only way to fully understand your kite and to mentally compare it with others is to understand the weight of the kite.  Where we fly weight is very important in determining which kite one wants to fly and the trick mobility of such kite. 
You say your kite is a Sul.  To me a Sul weighs around 5 oz. Three weeks ago I flew a Kite that was a Ultra light.  A well known kite from Europe.  When I flew it in light wind it crashed.  Reason it weighed more than my Widow Maker Ultra light.   It is designed to fly in low wind.  But under that wind range... down it came.  My Widow Maker ul was making popping sounds as I did Half Axels and I still had another adjustment to get more air if I needed it..

You state your kite is a Sul.  If it can't fly down it 1 mph than it doesn't have the range of my Ocius Sul.  My Widow Maker Ultra Light has the wind range as low as 2 mph...

If you look at the weights of Sky Burner Kites and compare them with other brands.  You will find a vast difference.  Test them side by side.  You will even find a larger difference. 

To me a beginner.... weight tells me something about the actual flight ability of a kite in various winds.... With that said how much does it weigh???

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 11:16 AM »

You state your kite is a Sul.  If it can't fly down it 1 mph than it doesn't have the range of my Ocius Sul.  My Widow Maker Ultra Light has the wind range as low as 2 mph...
Now, this goes to show that you are putting your own opinion on the versions....we all have different abilities of flight on different kites in different wind conditions.....

Andre:
pretty certain that knowing the weight is a good factor to most fliers.....but you do not have to go to the level that Herb Weldon did of weighing each rod and fitting Wink

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
André

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 11:52 AM »

BTW when and where will this kite be available?

It's available here:

Sorry, but links to non-sponsoring kite shops are prohibited - thief
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:11 PM by thief » Logged
André

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 11:58 AM »

Andre,
hotstuff there.
Never been a real fan of blue in kites until NOW!
Hot kites,great video,brilliant flying,thanks.
                                   Tongue

I am really happy that this kite pleases so much pilots in your country.
André

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 12:08 PM »

Ok another potentially stupid question. in the video is says 'sul premium.' is there a straight sul and a premium model too, or is it just that one version?

There is no bad question. They are quite useful. I am happy to be able to answer it!! Wink
It is the version sold at AIR-ONE such as she it. She is everything skyshark there. There is only this version of SUL.
André

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 12:32 PM »

I am not certain to understand everything because the text is very long for me. oops!

With this ADXs you can fly with 1 kph of wind. It is just necessary to remove the small ballast. You can also remove the high horizontal stalk of carbon also if you want.
Now, it is necessary to know what we want when we fly by very very small wind. Just make axels? Or practis all the advanced tricks of free like a standard with almost so much ease.
Everything depends on the level of the pilot. Personally I am a "freestyleur". I am bored with sul which will not make what I know how to make. For me, the sul has to be a kite which proposes so much that a santard. So, I created this ADXs SUL.  Cool

Cordialy
André

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 12:40 PM »

....we all have different abilities of flight on different kites in different wind conditions.....

Yes, it is what I wanted to say. Have fun to perform high freestyle in smooth wind. It's my "addiction". Wink
eolemag

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 12:33 AM »

Hi to all,

Very good and nice Kite with Andre's touch
Clic here to see more Smiley
Cheers
JPC

alien

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 06:03 AM »

Everything depends on the level of the pilot. Personally I am a "freestyleur". I am bored with sul which will not make what I know how to make. For me, the sul has to be a kite which proposes so much that a santard. So, I created this ADXs SUL.  Cool

Vive la difference
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:07 AM by alien » Logged
eolemag

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 06:49 AM »

Don't believe so, but that's the first thing (name similarity) that popped into my head when I first saw this thread.

KiteLife Issue 32: Review of ADX by Skyburner Kites

ATB,
Sam

Yes, you are right and I knew it but 2003 is far away .this kite is outdated .. it is very nice but it must be stored in the old school. It's  not a "freestyler" as ADXs, the best for the moment. Can we see a video of skyburner's ADX ?  Smiley
Cheers
JPC

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 01:23 PM »

My point is simple.  There has to be a standard for what is a Ultra Light or a Std. or Sul... what one kite maker calls a Ul another calls a Standard.  Each of these craftsman make that decision based on the weight of the kite .... Not me I don't build kites.. I buy em'.  However as a beginner I am learning that other beginners struggle with different kites based on the weight not their ability to fly the kite.  Especially when it comes to Ul's and Sul's. 

Now if I'd bought a certain kite that was advertised as a Ul and I found it to not fly as well as my other Ul kites and the reason being it weighed more.... What am I to concluded ??  I am a lousy pilot or the builder calls it a Ul based on his own decision because his other model is heavier so he called it a standard Huh  Can a Ul weigh more than a Standard ??  Because some Ul's do weigh more than some Standards...

As a consumer I ask for these details because they must mean something....  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
 As an advocate for beginners it's important to know when it comes to purchasing a kite.  Better pilots can fly a cement block with a carbon rod.  They can fly.  Me I have to understand certain aspects and ratios of the kite.  I have a full understanding of the speed of the wind.  The type of kite to fly and the kites own ability to be adjusted to wind changes.
Maybe the better pilots don't need this but newbeeies are consumers ... Many flyers buy stuff they don't need trying to find a short cut on money and learning a new trick.  I base my needs on wind if I am wrong I am wrong...That's why I am a beginner. Cool Cool

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change