Repairs suggestions

(1/2) > >>

jecko:
Hi Guys,

Need help to repair tear mylar, any suggestions? :(

Thanks
Ian.

tcope:
Might just be me but I don't see a tear in the Mylar. They make clear duct tape. Might want to try that. Reinforced clear packing tape as well.

The material that has a tear.... is it the Dacron over the nose? That is not Mylar. If it's the Dacron, melt it just slightly and forget about it.

Michel:
Quote from: jecko on May 02, 2013, 01:30 AM

Change the nose and replace the center Dacron piece by a larger one.

KaoS:
Quote from: Michel on May 02, 2013, 02:38 PM

Agreed.  Replace the nose material, put a wider section of dacron as the inner layer.

If you don't like the idea of a wider dacron section, you can use a triangle of ripstop in front and behind the torn section (sandwich the torn section). Sew the ripstop with a few parallel seams at right angles to the spine line - sort of like the nose of a Widowmaker or Sea Devil.

jecko:
Quote from: KaoS on May 02, 2013, 04:45 PM

Quote from: Michel on May 02, 2013, 02:38 PM

Agreed.  Replace the nose material, put a wider section of dacron as the inner layer.

If you don't like the idea of a wider dacron section, you can use a triangle of ripstop in front and behind the torn section (sandwich the torn section). Sew the ripstop with a few parallel seams at right angles to the spine line - sort of like the nose of a Widowmaker or Sea Devil.

Thanks Kevin and everyone.

I like the idea of Lam's few layers of ripstop at the nose area, but I never build a kite before. Do I have to sew new dacron/nose material for the nose or can I reuse the the current one.
I do not want to put too much weight on the nose since this is the Double Zero kite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page