GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 06:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talon Spy Trailer  (Read 966 times)
JayDee
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 04, 2013, 12:27 AM »

I promised it the other day, and here it is:  The Talon Spy Trailer.

Talon Spy Trailer

Once more, I used an iMovie template.  Since these trailer templates are so fast-paced and require extremely short clips, I think the next one will not be based on one of the canned templates.  Until I edited these trailers, I never realized how much context our brain needs to properly compute a kite trick...
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:26 AM by JayDee » Logged

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
alien

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:52 AM »

Trailer hopefully for the big movie.

Live and let fly
I can almost hear the sound track
How about an epic JayDee bigger longer,
Great shots in there,brilliant.
Cant get enough, hot.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:11 AM »

Excellent.  Grin

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
JayDee

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:36 AM »

Live and let fly

That's a good one! Smiley

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
JayDee

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 09:44 AM »

Excellent.  Grin

Thanks!  I am honored. Grin

Ara Ararauna

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 12:17 PM »

Very good!
I also liked this one a lot.
Still the first is my favourite  Smiley

BTW I had forgotten to ask you how do you fix the camera to the kite for the aerial views?
And which type of camera is it?
Either very light or flown on a very windy day, no?

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
JayDee

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 12:43 PM »

You caught me in the act, Ara Wink  The camera carrier was actually none of the kites shown in the vids, but my trusty Widow Maker Standard.  In reasonably high winds (10+ knots), she is amazingly little impacted by the added weight.  She can even be tricked.  That is much harder to watch, though: http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=8176.0  I also tried my Talon Vented, but it was much more affected by the weight and pretty hard to keep steady.

The camera is a Kodak Playsport ZX5.  It is waterproof without a separate case and can take quite a beating:

Surf, Close Up

The camera was attached close to the center-T (i.e., center of gravity) with velcro cable ties.  To prevent frustration and hectic activity in case the velcro gives above water, I attached a floating strap to the camera and also slipped it over a standoff.  I attached a display protector screen I had sitting around before the first flight.  Glad I did, because the protector is badly scratched after about 20 flights total.

The Playsport delivers reasonable quality at the price, but the low-light performance is mediocre.  Even my iPhone 4 is much better in that department -- but then, I would not strap it to a kite just like that.

Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 12:48 PM »

Hmmm...
Interesting, but yes... you cheated badly   Wink   Cheesy
Nice vids though.
Keep them rolling and showing!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 12:55 PM »

Cheating?  Naw. ..... just movie making.  Pretty cool stuff!  Lens quality is pretty decent on that camera.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 01:30 AM »

Cheating?  Naw. ..... just movie making. 
You're absolutely right. Film-making is the "art of cheating" with the permission of the audience.  Smiley

In my bag...
Yan

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 02:22 AM »

Cheesy these are great!

alien

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 06:20 AM »

CHEATERS ALWAYS PROSPER,
The EPIC portrayed in JayMov.
If you liked "The Spy Who Flew Me","SlideWalker",you cant miss,"The TALON"
Starring JD,the US agent forced by the government to cheat on his own kind to fight the evil forces of gravity and take the world by the strings for the future of mankind.
                                             IN CINEMAS SOON
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:18 AM by alien » Logged
JayDee

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 08:49 PM »

CHEATERS ALWAYS PROSPER,
The EPIC portrayed in JayMov.
If you liked "The Spy Who Flew Me","SlideWalker",you cant miss,"The TALON"
Starring JD,the US agent forced by the government to cheat on his own kind to fight the evil forces of gravity and take the world by the strings for the future of mankind.
                                             IN CINEMAS SOON

Looks like I should be consulting you for the wording in my next project.  You got a couple of creative ideas here.

Where is Scottshead, by the way?  My wife is a big time fan of Aussieland...

alien

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 05:20 AM »

JayDee,
surely your government intel sources can inform you about the whereabouts of Alien and this elusive Scottshead?
 All you need to do is pull some strings.
And if you dont post a new video soon, a kite loaded with 10000lbs of TNT will be ignited then launched from an unknown location from our friends in North Korea and if the winds are favourable it may get airborne but either way many people will be saddened by the loss of the kite and our pathetic attempt at threatening the free world!
Its now your move agent JayDee,if thats your real name?
DONT MAKE THEIR FACES EVEN MORE RED THAN THEY NEED BE,or you will be sorry!
The kite world is now watching,what will you do next so-called agent JD?
You Americanos and your great kites think you can have all the fun to yourselves,but this......shall be......NO...MORE!  Cheesy

Great videos! 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:32 AM by alien » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography