GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 12:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skynasaur Triple Aerobat/F-36 & SkyFox  (Read 3534 times)
ESA1178
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 04, 2013, 04:59 PM »

Hi all!
I have a Skynasaur Triple stunt kite that I dug out of the attic after many years.
It was all tangled up with some other kites/lines.
I cut the lines, but left the remaining bridle lines still attached to to the Skynasaur Kites.
But when I get new line, I am not sure which line I should get and how I should hook up the lines.
Does anyone have an instruction manual for the Aerobat/F-36 & SkyFox?
Don't remember if they were flown together. Or separately. That's how long it's been!

Thanks a bunch!

Mark
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:45 PM by ESA1178 » Logged
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Um ouch. I hope you just cut flying lines and not bridle lines.  Always untangle if possible even if it takes a bit to do.
ESA1178

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Bridle lines are still intact.. smart enough to do that...

Smiley
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Well IIRC all the aerobats and f-36's had a rod that went between the sides of the bridle.  I've seen a few progressive stacks of those 3 kites but I don't remember if they were factory or not. If anyone has a manual Charly or Rob(thief) might since they both deal or dealt in kites back then and I know Charly has had a few go through his hands used from time to time.

Obviously since you stored them in the attic you need to go over every inch of the kites for damage and check all the fittings.  THen assemble them all and get pics to post up for us to see and the new flier crowd can see what we started out with Tongue
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 05:40 AM »

Here is a pic of an aerobat.....brand new!

I think I got the instructions with the kite....let me dig in the hard drive....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 09:59 AM »

That bring back memories  Wink

2nd dual line kite I owned.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:24 PM by Wayner » Logged
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:20 AM »

Rob, if you (or anyone else) have the exact bridle measurements of the bridle that includes that control rod, I'd be grateful. I have an Aerobat which is bridled with a more modern-looking 3-point bridle, and would like to revert it to a 'control rod bridle'.

thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 11:45 AM »

Lex: i can do that....or i can send it to you...that needs a home!

ESA1178

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 06:21 PM »

Anyone have the manual?

Wink

Mark
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 06:17 AM »

another shot:

Sorry..will check the hard drive today when i get home.....

ESA1178

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10 AM »

Thanks!

Do the Aerobat, F-36 & SkyFox connect as a triple?
I don't remember..

Mark
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 07:49 AM »

iirc you could easily stack all the different sizes of Aerobats........

Texanpilot
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 03:55 PM »

I do know that the Aerobat, F-36 and Skyfox were sold as a "Progressive Train", so yes, they were factory stacked.

I also know that the control rod bridle was optional.  My F-36 (my very first stunt kite) had a 3-point bridle, and I remember a friend who had a similar Aerobat.

I actually modded my F-36 to take standoffs.  Huh  Helped a bunch when the wind lulled - down to modern standard-kite wind ranges - so it didn't immediately fall out of the sky. 

Those were the days - or were they?

Steady winds, y'all.
Hoodoo

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 08:29 AM »

Back in Oct. at the Enid convention, I won a stack of 24ish Skyfox.  They vary in condition, but I was able to get 12 strung together.  Now I need to figure out how to connect it to lines.  This is my first stack so I'm very new to this. 
  Can I get some help with control bar parameters? And maybe a closer pic of the bar?  I don't think there is a control bar in the bag but I'll look this evening. 
  And, in a 10-15mph wind how strong a pull can I expect?  They are small about 24" wing span.

Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Monte
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 09:06 AM »

the "bridle" bar and bridle on the aerobat that i have is pretty thin...i am guessing it would not hold up against the strain of a 12 stack.....

For DynaKites on a big stack you need to use a "phantom frame" which is a strong frame that holds the bridle lines and the stack lines in position to the stack, but without a sail....John C just shot some pictures of this just last week:

you can see more of the pictures from the flight session and this stack: https://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej/2013Kites?feat=content_notification#5876628793229272002

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum