GWTW Forum
July 22, 2014, 10:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat(2)  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skynasaur Triple Aerobat/F-36 & SkyFox  (Read 2738 times)
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 02:58 PM »

dangit Rob!  That pic reminds me I need to put my Dynakites stack together.  Finally got all the bits for it but it's just been sitting in a cupboard. Wink

I imagine 12 Aerobats would pull pretty good, assuming they hold together.  You might beef up the frames on the first 2-3 of those guys.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:02 PM by Smeagol » Logged
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 09:43 PM »

the "bridle" bar and bridle on the aerobat that i have is pretty thin...i am guessing it would not hold up against the strain of a 12 stack.....

For DynaKites on a big stack you need to use a "phantom frame" which is a strong frame that holds the bridle lines and the stack lines in position to the stack, but without a sail....John C just shot some pictures of this just last week:

you can see more of the pictures from the flight session and this stack: https://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej/2013Kites?feat=content_notification#5876628793229272002

Ahhh... beautiful kites and excellent pěctures!   Shocked

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Cookie
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 09:24 PM »

Here are a few shots of my Skynasaurs by Skyfox... from this past weekend.  The kites are older... purchased from a kiter's widow.  I replaced the "O" rings that held the spars in place and added my own tails.  They require a pretty good wind to keep them up!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:32 PM by Cookie » Logged
voodoo_joe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 10:52 PM »

Hi,

I have an old manual.  It's sort of an all-in-one thing and seems to have the specs for most or all of the models.  For sure it covers f-36, Aerobat and competition.  I can mail you a copy if you want. 

I am also on the prowl for either a competition or aerobat with the control bar.  New to posting here so i am not sure how the whole messaging thing works so bear with me.
Cheers-------------------->rg

Cheers----------------------->VJ
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 11:39 PM »

Resurrecting this thread again, as still looking for the bridle measurements of an Aerobat with control bar (as shown in the picture that thief posted). Anyone have the lengths of the various bridle parts?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document