GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 08:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SpiderKites Question  (Read 1728 times)
WolvenX
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: April 18, 2013, 04:30 PM »

Has anyone had any experience with the Siron from Spiderkites?  It look pretty cool but what is the quality and flying characteristics like?

Any info or help would be appreciated.  Smiley

You can either fly or die, personally I'll fly!!!

Kites: x2 Jazz; x2 Microns; Quantum; Zephyr; Ozone; Alien; Illusion 2K; E2; E3; Redback (hold the line Kites); Silver Fox (vented) Talon & Iridium on the way !!!
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:10 PM »

Ah I haven't seen one of those in a while.  THey were really nice kites though old school in flight and tricks when they were originally designed.  I always like how the "prismatek" mylar changed colors while flying.  I can't remember the original designer but that one is in the class of the 4D and other SULs.  Been a while since I've flown one.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:15 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:16 PM »

Ca Ike: where did you see one of these??? did not know that they had been around for awhile......

I know that they Soopa Fly had prismatex in it and it looked great..flew pretty well too...stacked GREAT!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Ca Ike

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 06:32 PM »

Ca Ike: where did you see one of these??? did not know that they had been around for awhile......

I know that they Soopa Fly had prismatex in it and it looked great..flew pretty well too...stacked GREAT!
The one I saw and flew was a Bob Childs made original IIRC.  That center panel was one of his signature features and this may be based off his design.  Spiderkites I've had all flew well and were decently built for the price.  Seems like a lot of the older designers are being resurected by companies over seas.  This on is framed in .157 and I just happen to know a kite shop locally that got one in a while back(maybe last year even) I got a chance to check out but it was too windy to fly it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:35 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
WolvenX

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 09:10 PM »

SpiderKites has a online website and they are advertising the Siron as a handmade kite.  I was thinking of getting one seeing as they looked so great.  Address below:

sorry, but links to other shops not a forum sponsor is not allowed.thief

Only seventy nine Euro's  Not bad at all really.   Grin

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:34 AM by thief » Logged

Kites: x2 Jazz; x2 Microns; Quantum; Zephyr; Ozone; Alien; Illusion 2K; E2; E3; Redback (hold the line Kites); Silver Fox (vented) Talon & Iridium on the way !!!
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 04:31 AM »

Spiderkites are designed by Christoph Fokken......I doubt that Christoph would
 resurrect one of Bob's designs......

Wolven shipping might turn that price a bit higher of course.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
WolvenX

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 12:20 PM »

Sorry Thief,  my bad! Sad  Won't happen again.  No excuse should have read the rules. 
(feels like a real idiot) lol   Embarrassed

Ca Ike

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 02:25 PM »

Yea Christophe makes some good kites.  I've had a few here and there.  When you look at the Goblin and avalanche you can see the resemblance and the reason for my mistake Smiley.  Designers are always borrowing ideas from eachother.

WolvenX

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 04:04 PM »

@Thief,  Yes I checked again with shipping and with World Wide Shipping it is 114 Euro's,  But that's still acceptable for me. 

ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 06:41 AM »

Since the speedkite contest this year i do have one of those, tombolas are great Smiley
I can provide detail pictures if so desired.
WolvenX

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 02:44 PM »

Awesome!  I'd love to see some Pic's

ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 08:08 PM »

Ups, nearly forgot about this:

alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 04:14 AM »

ae,
how could you?  Angry
One very attractive kite,oh yes please  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:21 AM by alien » Logged
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 07:35 AM »

The subdued grays and color in the Prismatex panels is a very nice counterpoint.   Huh

ATB,
Sam
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 08:17 AM »

Cris fokken ships Sirons to Aus for $157,its going up daily as our dollars heading back to its original 3rd world resting place,it usually hangs around 80 US cents, we had a good run.   Sad
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:19 AM by alien » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum