GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 07:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wildwood International Kite Festival  (Read 3390 times)
Smplcty
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: May 11, 2013, 11:32 AM »

Anybody going to Wildwood in 2 weeks?
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 12:18 PM »

I'll be there !

glk47
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:41 PM »

Barring complications from a late-arriving first grand-daughter and her slightly distant Aunt, Uncle and cousins, we'll be there!

Larry (& Nancy)
glk47

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 04:47 PM »

Hmmm, Rob - maybe you'll bring your Ozone? Should I bring my never flown Vapor?

Larry
RobB

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 05:23 PM »

Hey Larry... lookin' forward to seeing you guys, it's been years ! I always have my Ozone in the 'A' bag ! Bring the Vapor if you've been wanting to fly it. The beach there is pretty clean and debris-free. I flew mine a few times, it was an experience ! I had to let mine go before something happened to it, it was a tough choice, but I don't need to stress when I'm flying. Replaced it with a ProDancer.

red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 12:29 PM »

I'm thinking about it. If it weren't Memorial Day weekend, I'd be a lot more willing. I'm not a big fan of crowds. (Or high rates on crappy motels.)

I went the DC kite festival, and I was rather disappointed. (I don't mean to malign the organizers. It just wasn't the type of event I was hoping for.) Large crowds, no space to fly anything other than a SLK. There were comp fields, but I'm not comp quality. I tried talking a little to folks hanging around those fields, but mostly just got flyers to join this or that kite club a few hours from where I live. If I go to Wildwood, what should I expect? I hesitate to make the trek out for a similar experience.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
glk47

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 03:59 PM »

I'm thinking about it. If it weren't Memorial Day weekend, I'd be a lot more willing. I'm not a big fan of crowds. (Or high rates on crappy motels.)

I went the DC kite festival, and I was rather disappointed. (I don't mean to malign the organizers. It just wasn't the type of event I was hoping for.) Large crowds, no space to fly anything other than a SLK. There were comp fields, but I'm not comp quality. I tried talking a little to folks hanging around those fields, but mostly just got flyers to join this or that kite club a few hours from where I live. If I go to Wildwood, what should I expect? I hesitate to make the trek out for a similar experience.

It's been a few years since we've been to this event, but Wildwood has always had plenty of space to fly. It's a long way from the boardwalk to the water, so civilians (non-fliers, unless somebody successfully invites them to try) aren't likely to be under your lines.  We've never competed, but we do fly various sport kites in addition to SLKs.

What do you like to fly?

Larry
red sweater

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 08:51 AM »

Dual lines. At least, when the wind conditions allow. I think I now have all but the heavy winds covered.

My bag:
Rev EXP
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 01:54 PM »

See you guys there! Grin
RobB

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 04:35 PM »

RS, it's worth the trip ! Best festival I've been to in the last 10 years. Hope you make it...

Jared

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 03:10 PM »

Wildwood is less than a week away now, and I'm getting really excited about the competition!

As we've done in the past, to offset some of the costs of running a stunt kite competition, we're holding a small raffle... and we've got something great in store:

Revolution Kites has very generously sent us TWO of their brand-new, 25th Anniversary T-Shirts. 

The raffle is open to everyone, and the drawing will be held on Monday, May 20th, so there's a very small window of time to take advantage.  We have one each of Large & XL for sizes, so the first winner drawn will have their choice of size, the second will receive the remaining shirt.

Tickets are just $3.00 each, and we're selling a maximum of 30 total.  If you're drawn as a winner and you plan on attending Wildwood, I can personally hand-deliver your prize to you!

Full Raffle Details and Entry form
temoniprince

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 09:14 AM »

um um may not make it this year to wildwood.  My jeep engine just took a bullet and now i cant drive it. SOB!  not sure where im at now
Smplcty
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 11:27 AM »

um um may not make it this year to wildwood.  My jeep engine just took a bullet and now i cant drive it. SOB!  not sure where im at now
Nooooooooo!
temoniprince

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 08:52 PM »

My best bud is picking me up wohoooo ill see you guys down there.
red sweater

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 09:57 AM »

I could only be there for Friday and Saturday, and the weather isn't looking good for those days. Thunderstorms all day Friday, scattered showers and 20mph winds Saturday. (And me with no vented kites.) I think I have to give it a pass and have a stay-cation this weekend. Maybe I'll have better weather down here and get some flying in at a local park. Hopefully things work out better for me (and the weather) next year.

FWIW, Sunday and Monday are looking good. Enjoy it if you're going.

My bag:
Rev EXP
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum