GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 02:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No wind  (Read 1197 times)
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: May 11, 2013, 01:19 PM »

No info here... Just me expressing my frustration with this sunny day in Seattle... Not enough wind to keep a fearless light in the air (my lack of skill not helping in the least.) wishing right now I'd brought my recently completed Rapere glider with me. 

Maybe tomorrow there will be some wind.
portlandflyer
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:37 PM »

About the same here in Portland!! YUK!! Cry
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:54 PM »

I went to kite hill around 4:30 and it was pretty decent wind.  Rock steady with my light/standard so smooth that I could just pop it into a fade and let it sit with little tending at all, which is rare there.

It was hot, however (at least for the PNW).  I flew for maybe an hour and a half and then went home. 

Looks like rain tomorrow, but I hope that they are wrong. 

I had my fearless light out as well for part of it.  I've been flying the Tekken almost exclusively for some time now and your post reminded me of one of my favorites. 

Btw, sugarbaker, let me know if you ever change your mind on the 6th sense.  I am slowly getting up to speed to build one myself, but the more I watch all that you do, the more I think that what we pay for these high end kites is a steal! 

Tom

6 kite tom
alien

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 02:31 AM »

Other side of earth is the same.
Even the 4D was out to lunch.
AND,
as i was walking backwards i imagined the health benefits i was gaining but as i continued further and further from the car i started to figure out ways of beer cartage and then as the wheezing started to increase more than normal  i imagined huge solar powered fans with remote controls or sitting on the roof of my car and some how flying from the roof racks with remote control or out in the boat and setting the steering and throttle to suit flying while i relaxed in a cushioned deck chair but then as i hit the 50 meter mark i started to sweat (from walking not thinking to hard) i imagined washing away my hard day of work memories and hitting the kite forum to hopefully see a JD,RbB2 or vert2 video or ponder a chilese read on the modern kite or how the kite cottage industry doesnt make the millions it deserves or even better be inspired by the recent birthday boy ARA and his personal triumphs that conquered Spain!
No wind today  Cry
Hadge

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 05:50 AM »

You guys can have some of mine if you like.

Last few weeks winds have been gusty between around 14-18mph on average - too much for comfortable trick flying and not quite enough to have fun ploughing the skies with the Delta Hawk!  Cry Cry

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
portlandflyer

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 09:37 AM »

14 - 18 mph? My Revs would love that much wind!! Other day was so quiet, I put my old Rev 1 up for a good portion of the day!! Big old wing was able to use all the wind I had!! But I did have a Race frame in it, for those light winds!! Wink
rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 08:56 AM »

You need a Fearless SUL. That kite will make you smile.  Smiley
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 09:26 AM »

nah...grab an iFlite and a Plutz glider or a good xUL single line and have some fun!!!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 12:52 PM »

No winds good enough today here in Orlando also.  Waiting for the cooler evening winds to roll in later.

thief, pls check your PMs Smiley
Doug S

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Over the past two weeks, we have been experiencing moderate to high winds up in the northeast.  Had to put my no/low wind single line kites away.  Very cold nights in the low 30s, with daytime temperatures in the 70s is causing all of this fun.  Pulled out my old stunt kites and having a blast.

Doug

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 02:17 PM »

Don't know which is worse none or S14-G24 mph. and only an tree lined field close by...

A brief addendum to the above comment; I thought, Hey, might as well take the TOTL NSE out for a spin... Well, even with all the turbulence and gusts I had a great time ! And, even managed my first real side slides, three of 'em for about 10-15ft which was about how long any steady wind flow lasted. All in all worth the effort in the "crappy winds" Wink 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:04 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change