GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 08:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new kite from Lam.......The ATM  (Read 12084 times)
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2013, 12:22 PM »

Update, ATM Machine are is coming next week Smiley Thank God.

Have great day !
trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2013, 08:08 PM »

Very excited!  I don't think Lam would want his name on something that wasn't of top quality and performance.  I have one with my name on it. I usually wait a bit longer for something like this but I feel the passion Lam puts into his work!  If only I could afford those kite bags!

Jim
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2013, 02:26 AM »

Update, ATM Machine are is coming next week

Automatic Trick Machine Machine?  You mean they get made in a machine?  Huh

That would be awesome to watch  Wink

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
KeithG

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2013, 06:23 AM »

Hmm, Machine? really? There was another great kite flyer and person that used to build a "Machine" that when it could be had sold for a large sum of money. There was also another great person and flyer that built a kite (cough, cough, Viper) that had eyes on it long before the Sea Devil.

Hmm.

Keith

Kites & Corvettes, both, a great way to fly.
Fearless Object

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2013, 10:58 AM »

Maybe some of you don't know about my history in kitting. Here is what I have done seen1986 until now. Kitting is always fun and have meet many good friends around the world and I had travel to many country and places for demo and Competition. I got slected for Red Bull Team show for few year.

I am only talking about my kite and I, no more no less. Thanks

http://www.skysportdesign.com/about/

http://www.skysportdesign.com/history/

Thanks for reading.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:11 PM by Fearless Object » Logged
northwavesailor
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2013, 12:24 PM »

Hmm, Machine? really? There was another great kite flyer and person that used to build a "Machine" that when it could be had sold for a large sum of money. There was also another great person and flyer that built a kite (cough, cough, Viper) that had eyes on it long before the Sea Devil.

Hmm.

KeitG,
As Corvettes are listed as one of your passions, how many auto makers use similar names for their cars? How many bells and whistles are on your Corvette and also on other high $$$ sports cars? Some of these ideas may have originated from General Motors design team, but many came from other automotive engineers and were 'borrowed' and used on later versions of the Corvette.

Kites, cars, computers, cell phones.................how many are truly 'first' or 'the only one' using unique designs?

I don't own a Lam Hoac kite, but I am interested in the ATM. Having put 'eyes' on previous kites or someone prior use of the word 'machine' has no bearing on why I may or may not like or buy a particular kite.
KeithG

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2013, 01:48 PM »

No doubt, just about anything made had "borrowed" from others, but most of them give credit where it's due and not claim them as their own.

Keith

Fearless Object

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2013, 02:41 PM »

My Dream Machine kite has Deisgned in 1996, so this is not borrow from anyone, I using my own old name from before, nothing new. If any one use the name machine after me and I have never complain or say anything.

I go to many places and I saw ATM every where on the street, so I came up with the name Auto Trick Machine. This cool name Smiley Is that some thing wrong with this name?

Have a nice day and go have fun with your kites Smiley

Peace !
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:30 PM by Fearless Object » Logged
KeithG

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2013, 07:31 PM »

No, nothing wrong with the name. What IS wrong is the way you treated a very good friend of mine down in St Augustine FL a few years ago. Remember tearing a huge hole in his Skymaster and the denying you did it when at least five people saw you do it? Remember telling him you would fix it for a fee? Remember when it came time to pay the hotel bill for the room you shared you suddenly had no money and he had to pay for it all? Remember the next year at St Augustine when he walked up to you and offered to shake your hand you said "I don't know you", and then walked away? I was there, I saw it all and I remember, so does my friend and so do a lot of other people that were there.

I do not give a rip if anyone on this forum believes me or not, I know this is the truth and so do a lot of other people. By the way I will have fun with my kites because none of them are made by you Lam and never will be.

Keith

Fearless Object

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2013, 08:34 PM »

I talk to Dany before I came down and he offer me that I can stay with him, he said no problem at all, about the kite problem I don't remmeber everything now, But if I ever make a damage to any one kites I always fix it for free, that is my nature. You can ask anyone in the World and see for your self. I don't know where you got the story from. Dany and I are good friend for year, we chat on the phone for hours.

I just remember now, Dany show me his kite that kite that had 5 or 6 small pin little holes and I don't know why it get like that. It was not my problem, Maybe I did say I will fix it but to busy running around and forgot all about it.

Good day.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 08:43 PM by Fearless Object » Logged
KeithG

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2013, 09:29 PM »

Not the story he told me and others and not what I saw with my own eyes. I was there Lam I saw and heard it all. Look you build amazing kites and are a fantastic kite flyer and overall may be a good person, a great many people think so, I do not happen to be one of them for reasons I saw in person and the words that you spoke, so I'll leave it at that. If you and Dan talked things out after the events I'm speaking of then that's great. According to him that has not happened so someone is being less than truthful, I'll trust the friend I've known for over 10 years.   

Keith

Fearless Object

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2013, 10:32 PM »

This is a long time ago ( maybe 15 years or longer ) and now bring it up, I can not recall everything, anyway, I am not that kind of person and everyone know that.

Either you believe me or not that is fine with me.

Good day !
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2013, 11:12 PM »

Hey Lam, I love you Bro...
Some people?
CV

Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are.

northwavesailor
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2013, 11:24 PM »

I, for one, would like this thread to be about the introduction of Lam's new ATM kite, not old history!!!

I really love the clean graphics of the ATM and folks who own or have flown them seem to really like Lam's kites.

I need a little more time learning the basics but........ perhaps Santa will bring one down the chimney this year?
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2013, 02:56 AM »

LAM'S "DA MAN"

Its lonely at the top.......... Cool
Seems like he's a celebrity now and whatever he does(good or evil) will be on trial..... Roll Eyes
Hot kites and flying,ENIGMA MAN.
Wish LAM tore a hole in one of my kites,i would tell my grand kids about it.

Kiss
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:02 AM by alien » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum