GWTW Forum
November 24, 2014, 08:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new kite from Lam.......The ATM  (Read 11995 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 05:05 PM »

Its Lam flying with his signature reverse INSANEs - flys like a larger? than a Transformer type kite with the ease of multiple Yo-Yo wrappings being quite apparent and not so easily done on the Fearless requiring slightly MORE effort. My guess a Transformer built into a Fearless size body but with some other minor quirks?  ... NICE.

APJ

I see you are also a student of his designs!  I also see elements of his other kites flight/trick characteristics in this one.  As you said, it seems like a fusion of capabilities. 

I am impressed with what I've seen - amazing yoyos, good speed and control.  This thing looks pretty precise as well.  I mean, even rolled up he was doing some decent figures.  Also, 2-3-4x rollups, rapid fire french flic-flack, side slides, JL, total control, nice stuff.  I'm glad that he threw a nice taz in there as well, to get a sense for how it moves.  Looks like a fun kite.

Lam mentioned a few things to me personally about the kite that I'd rather have him announce, but it looks like this one will be a bit different than his previous designs.  For a BIG HINT, check out the description on the youtube video.

-Tom

6 kite tom
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 05:16 PM »

I say:

"OH YEAAHH"!

(I'll take mine in red dye #7 please)

6 kite tom
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 04:11 AM »

I think the one thing Zippy 8 and the other European flyers that may not experiment enough with Lam's kite on the the other side of the pond may not fully understand is the low amount of effort needed (i.e., small inputs since Lam is a small frame person) to trick his kites. I am 58 years old and I can still fly a dual kite probably as FAST as some of these (well not 25, but probably 35 year old flyers) with other models. I have not EXPERIENCED that with ANY OTHER KITE. Small inputs - easy tricking. Sure like everyone else I spent 100's hours on the beach over the last couple of years perfecting these tricks - so I can understand the Kool Aid sign thinking this is a fast track to easy tricking - of course this is not true - what a Lam kite does IS make it less effort (smaller inputs) to perform these tricks AND these kites do not hold back a particular type of trick whether it be belly up, belly down, etc.. NO EFFORT - small arm movements - less paces back and forth, etc . NOT KOOL AID - but less BODY MOVEMENTS ... that's why Zippy 8 alot of flyers move to REVS since they just stand in one spot and move there WRISTS ... they physically just can't handle duals anymore ... here is that alternative to stay with duals over 60 years old ... EASILY.

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
alien
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 06:08 AM »

ATM= All Time Movie  Grin
Thanks tpatter   Kiss
Lam isda man.  Cool
Oh and hot SSSSSIIIIDDDEEE---SSSSLLLIIIDDDEEESSS   Tongue
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:18 AM by alien » Logged
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 07:09 AM »

"Panels graphics design"... Curious to see that.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 07:13 AM »

Maybe he will fill in the hole that Peter Betancourt left....love to see a Fearless with an RV on it!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 11:51 AM »

Maybe he will fill in the hole that Peter Betancourt left....love to see a Fearless with an RV on it!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

But that was an OKC. Those looked an awful lot like PBSKs, but the applique was nowhere near as good (and was a bit more "mundane" 

Allen, AKA kitehead
zippy8
Board Moderator

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 11:59 AM »

I think one of his Laminates™ should point him towards this for inspiration/caution.

Mike.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 12:07 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

But that was an OKC. Those looked an awful lot like PBSKs, but the applique was nowhere near as good (and was a bit more "mundane" 

Oh thank god.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
zippy8
Board Moderator

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 12:14 PM »

I think the one thing Zippy8 and the other European flyers that may not experiment enough with Lam's kite on the the other side of the pond may not fully understand...

I think I do at least understand the Fearless Devil that I have. I rate it very highly indeed although it's hardly quirk free.

What I don't understand - and what my Kool-Aid crack refers to - is the way that a small but highly fervent group of people, dubbed Laminates by one more worthy than I, react to each and every new kite from him by reaching immediately for their wallets. Is there any doubt that Lam has a sizeable order book based on this one video already ? Now if this is a cause of personal buoyancy, then good luck to all concerned. Live long and prosper.

But for the moment the Cash Machine (as I will henceforth think of it) is just another prototype. Nice video, mind.

Mike,
déjà vu.

Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 03:48 PM »

I say:

"OH YEAAHH"!

(I'll take mine in red dye #7 please)

Make mine Mango.
Got to fly our Fearless/Devil at the beach on Tuesday for six hours.  John is right about the small movements.........Not only that, but the ten vents handled some rare bumpy beach winds with ease..........I can't wait to try the ATM! Lam's kites may have some quirks, but they are pleasant ones, to say the least.
Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 04:49 PM »

Up date, ATM is done testing, the kite fly Slow and good speed control even in high wind, Precision and Trick are very very good, I can say the ATM you can use the kite for Team flying. Hopefully make the next video and picture for the kite coming soon. Thank you.

Have a nice day.

obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 04:57 AM »

OK, what is a Fearless Devil?

I had a whole set of Sea Devils...kinda wish I still did. 

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
zippy8
Board Moderator

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 05:21 AM »

OK, what is a Fearless Devil?
Here's one in my back garden.

It's a Fearless with part of the Sea Devil graphics.

Mike.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum