GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 11:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new kite from Lam.......The ATM  (Read 11326 times)
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2013, 06:34 PM »

A lam kite with out eyes? !

YAY!

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Lou
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2013, 08:38 PM »

And - a picture now!

I'm sure the build quality is exceptional.  I can definitely see it's trick capabilities from the posted video.  I must admit though, for me, the panel layout just seems a bit mixed.  I just don't know.  Maybe a colorizer tool and some hot coffee and I can figure out some other pattern I would like.   Wink  I would have to sell a few custom ordered builds before I could afford a Lam special anyway.  Cry
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:40 PM by Lou » Logged
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2013, 03:06 AM »

Hi
Before few days I was flying my Sea Devil std.
My golden standards for the kite and my stile offcourse.
Jac. Ladder with it are so sweet and so balanced.
Not too deep turtle but I think that IS the magic of this kite, to do hower-look rotation on back during J.Ladder.
I can see a lot of kite flyer move to the newer kite which is normal, newer trick, step higher. ...
But, Sea Devil has pocket full of dreams...
 Wink Best....boris
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2013, 07:04 AM »

I like the panel layout. Reminds me of a tribal scheme. I am thinking just like this, with flourescent Yellow center stripe would look good. Of course Red or purple would work also.

so may choices...
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40 PM »

and a video - lots of cynique in here.  Perhaps this will be the kite I learn that trick on.

http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151733023126162

I almost find it hard to believe that you're having trouble with this trick... I've been watching your DOA video to try to learn the Taz. Not this week, but I feel a breakthrough soon !

tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2013, 05:43 PM »

and a video - lots of cynique in here.  Perhaps this will be the kite I learn that trick on.

http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151733023126162

I almost find it hard to believe that you're having trouble with this trick... I've been watching your DOA video to try to learn the Taz. Not this week, but I feel a breakthrough soon !

Haha - thanks Rob!

I'm the type of flyer that rarely breaks anything, even though I fly the kite aggressively at times. 

So, this trick sort of intimidates me a bit.   I was getting it down, snapped a lower spreader and then haven't worked it much since. 

I've been looking for an opportunity to fly with someone who has it down and learn from their inputs, but haven't found someone yet.  Clearly, I should drive up to BC and fly with Lam!  Smiley

Now that my Taz is pretty solid, I will circle back to it. 

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2013, 05:47 PM »

PS - perhaps I just need to be a little more 'Fearless'!  Smiley

6 kite tom
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2013, 06:10 PM »

Just to clarify, the Cynique is just a Lazy Susan cascade, right ? Or is it a reversing multi-lazy ?

tpatter

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2013, 06:45 PM »

Just to clarify, the Cynique is just a Lazy Susan cascade, right ? Or is it a reversing multi-lazy ?

Reverse directions with no discernible 'stop'.  I'd consider multis fine, but critically speaking, I'd bet it's just one rotation before each abrupt direction change.

6 kite tom
rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2013, 08:27 PM »

What a cool trick.

At what point the rotation is switched ..  the nose pointing at me switching to opposite hand pulling?

rudy
jaydub

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2013, 04:45 AM »

Nose pointing away from you.
tpatter

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2013, 02:36 PM »

Better version of the video

New ATM Sport Kite Prototype. Synique of the day Smiley

6 kite tom
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2013, 05:18 PM »

... I was getting it down, snapped a lower spreader and then haven't worked it much since. 

Phew...not just me  Sad

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
alien

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2013, 07:07 AM »

tpatter,
thanks and "OH MY KITE!"
                           Tongue
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2013, 05:50 PM »

Thanks Tom, I do appreciate your help. Anyway. The ATM has been tested for some time now when I was in VN for 3 months and now I am back. The kite fly friendly, fun, medium speed and very easy to do Synique and other trick and very good in precision. Kite will have 6 to 8 different colors, I will post the pictures when I have it. Price will be $289. Kite made out of Icarex PC 31. Kite will come with new LE connector, New knock for tip stand, New Sky Claws, and a nice bag just for the ATM. Competition Nose will be cover up like all my kite. Thanks for checking in.

Have a great day.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:35 PM by Fearless Object » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change